Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem with my carbs. I need assistance with removing the main jet, I need to know what to look for if I need to clean this area.

Also if your having load problems at high rpms with stuttering and bad throttle response, could the main jet be the problem. I read some where that at higher rpms that the main jet is the usually the problem.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
it could, pull the carb and go thru it. clean/inspect/adjust according to the manual you are about to buy :?: :wink:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a question, I was looking over the parts diagram for the carbs and noticed that the mani jet is located beneath the carb in the back. Is this correct?

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
the main jet is the EXPOSED brass hex thats in the lowest part of the float bowl on your carbs. you have to pull the carbs and then turn the carbs upside down to access the 4 screws holding the float bowl on. look at the diagrams on www.ronayers.com or www.bikebandit.com etc. make sure you understand what you are looking at before you mess with these things.
good luck :wink:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
If you have not removed your carbs yet make sure you drain the gas. If you take the carbs off and turn them upside down and take the cover off you will be looking right at the main jet. It is screwed on and is usually close to the middle. Some have hex heads and others will be slotted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts