Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The problem is when I got this bike it needed new shift forks. I paid the money to have all new transmission parts to be installed on this bike. Since getting the bike back I have had the carbs cleaned and the tank sealed and new spark plugs. The problem occurs when I am going up a slightly steep hill; the bike will die in first. Besides that it rides alright up until 4th gear at which point it begins bucking and hesitating and not accepting the throttle, I've I goose the throttle because it sounds like it is not getting enough gas, when I goose it, it will die out completely, same when in 5th as well. It sputters badly and does not like throttle in 4th and 5th. It has been mentioned that the transmission may have not been rebuilt correctly, but I'm not sure... Any response would be great.
Thanks

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
i highly doubt its your tranny if the bike is loosing power/stalling.
when did you have the carbs cleaned ? and by who ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
carb problem

I just had them cleaned about 2 weeks ago, I had a guy that works at the local yamaha shop who builds race engines clean it. It started up fine and idles great. It has been jetted, and no adjustments have been done to the carbs, only been cleaned.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
carbs

What do you think could be a problem in the carbs? Is it difficult to adjust carbs, because this guy will charge me to do this, just try to milk me for cash to do anything to them. So what in your opinion could be a possible problem. I would like to do this myself if its a novice fix.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
How much did he charge you?

Should have set up the bikes pilot screws if he jetted the carbs....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
carbs

85 plus new plugs, the bike was already jetted before he touched it. Nothing has been done to adjust anything the carbs, they have only been soaked and cleaned. The bike kinda did it a little before he cleaned em, and I rode it today a bit and it seems to run good for a little while then as its rode more the problem kicks in. I was in 4th today and the stuttering and bucking wasn't that bad, but there was resitance in the throttle, I gassed it in netural and it almost gave out, I did this while it was idling a bit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
carbs

Does anyone know how to get to the jets on a 95 zx6r? I think they need to be cleaned.

1. When in low gear at high rpms 10-11k the bike struggles under the laod.

2. When in higher gear it does the same thing.

3. Double checked the fuel pump, replaced filter, plugs and redirected the fuel setup at the petcock, cleaned the carbs twice.

The only thing I haven't done for the fuel system is cleaned or checked the jets. This bike was jetted over a year ago, it has a muzzy exhaust but don't knopw if its a complete or slipon, but the bike sat for a eyar with gas in it without being properly treated. So I think I've narrowed it down to this area. Could I be looking elsewhere also for some thing else?

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
so what exactly have you done to "clean" the carbs ? you have to remove the carbs to clean the jets to answer your question

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jets

Thats where I'm at right now, the carbs were removed and soaked.

The jets were not removed nor cleaned. It was suggested that I do this to them. I have never done that yet so I'm reading up to on motorcycle carbs and seeing if I can fig it out.

I heard about some stuff called SeaFoam, this is supposed to be good stuff, have you heard anything about this stuff?

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
Re: jets

95Zx6r said:
Thats where I'm at right now, the carbs were removed and soaked.

The jets were not removed nor cleaned. It was suggested that I do this to them. I have never done that yet so I'm reading up to on motorcycle carbs and seeing if I can fig it out.

I heard about some stuff called SeaFoam, this is supposed to be good stuff, have you heard anything about this stuff?
if it was a dealer/mech. that cleaned your carbs then you need to kick his A$$ because they did nothing. most carb cleaner solutions will EAT the rubber parts of the carbs if left in for any amount of time so they did NOT soak your carbs. :x
they should have pulled them off , pulled them APART and cleaned the jets,air passages, etc. with carb cleaner and compressed air.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts