Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn my my key and then switch the bike to RUN it sounds as if the starter or something is just clicking constantly. It does it regardless of wheter I am trying to turn the bike over or not. Has anyone had this problem before? Any advise is greatly appreciated.

12/25 - Sorry so long on the reply, holidays ya know! The clicking is constant and appears to be coming from just under the back of the gas tank by the seat. The rattle appears to be coming from a rubber capped solenoid of some kind. Is this where the starter is? When I press the start buttun the bike turns over and runs but the clicking continues even while the bike is running.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
sounds like you have a relay thats opening,closing,opening,closing,opening etc. check in your junction box under the seat and see if you can pin point it. let us know where the noise is coming from

·
Registered
607 Posts
What Qken said.
Also is the clicking constant or sporadic? How old is your battery? How many miles on the bike? What happens when you press the start-button? Does it sound like it's coming from the starter motor (below your carbs) or in the junction box under your seat? I'd remove the seat and squat down facing the engine before turning the key on, so you can better isolate the noise.
Let us know!
-CCinC

·
Registered
2 Posts
my 05 does the same thing but doesnt start the computer makes no noise and the fuel pump does make noise nether i nnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddddd help

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
the "computer" doesn't make any noise.
get a new battery and make sure it is properly charged and start from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts