Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gas pouring out of the vent line of the evaporative canister. The bike has been sitting in the garage the last 5 months waiting for better weather. The bike started right up, but would not idle and there was a steady stream of gas gas coming from the lower radiator area. Upon investigation, it is coming from the vent line from the evaporative canister. Is the leak caused by a failure of the seperator, the canister, a stuck float, or??

Also, do all 1996 US vulcan 1500's have a evap canister or is it just california? Since I live in Oregon, can I bypass this system?

Diagram can be found at: http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/showschematic~dept_id~311995.asp

·
Ahhh Crap
2,344 Posts
Only the CA models have that cannister. Mine is not a CA model and all I have behind the left side cover is the strap. I'm thinking you have a stuck float. If you turn on the ignition but don't start the engine, does fuel still run out of the hose?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have gas pouring out of the vent line of the evaporative canister. The bike has been sitting in the garage the last 5 months waiting for better weather. The bike started right up, but would not idle and there was a steady stream of gas gas coming from the lower radiator area. Upon investigation, it is coming from the vent line from the evaporative canister. Is the leak caused by a failure of the seperator, the canister, a stuck float, or??

Also, do all 1996 US vulcan 1500's have a evap canister or is it just california? Since I live in Oregon, can I bypass this system?

Diagram can be found at: http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/showschematic~dept_id~311995.asp

·
Super Moderator
2,473 Posts
Hi RonnieRooo and welcome to the forums.

Can you answer the questions asked by Classic? You likely won't hear from Classic or jdungan since their posts were made back in 2007, but other members may be able to help. Please confirm your exact model and year of your bike and answer the questions asked by Classic and we will see if we can help you out.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Diagram can be found at: http://www.bikebandit.com

Can you answer the questions asked by Classic? You likely won't hear from Classic or jdungan since their posts were made back in 2007, but other members may be able to help. Please confirm your exact model and year of your bike and answer the questions asked by Classic and we will see if we can help you out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 1997 Vulcan 1500A11 88. Gas pours out of the EVAP vent. By isolating hoses this what I have found:

The hose that runs from the Canister (on the right side) to up under the tank, makes a connection and splits into two
hoses, one goes to each carb. If I pinch the hose (not disconnect) at the canister the leak stops, and the bike runs
rough,

I am thinking that one of the floats is stuck. ?????

·
Registered
6 Posts

I have a 1997 Vulcan 1500A11 88. Gas pours out of the EVAP vent. By isolating hoses this what I have found:

The hose that runs from the Canister (on the right side) to up under the tank, makes a connection and splits into two
hoses, one goes to each carb. If I pinch the hose (not disconnect) at the canister the leak stops, and the bike runs
rough,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Only the CA models have that cannister. Mine is not a CA model and all I have behind the left side cover is the strap. I'm thinking you have a stuck float. If you turn on the ignition but don't start the engine, does fuel still run out of the hose?

rough,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts