Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Plant

It's a bit of a funny story with this Eliminator. Someone in the past decided to do an airbox delete and add pod filters, but they didn't do a good job rejetting or picking the right pod filter. Some issue to do with fuel delivery, anyway, as the bike lags at higher rpms and gasps for fuel, essentially. Someone ELSE then applied some "DIY Airboxes" (The Icehouse cans..) to help the crappy pod filters actually do their job. So as you can see, it's a bit of an odd bird. It only gets about 70% of the power it should, based on my top speed of just under 80 on the highway (on a flat runway), and the bike's estimated top speed of 118 mph.

TL;DR - Wingnut took off the airbox, bike runs worse because of it. I want to restore it. I am a backyard mechanic and want to work on this as a fun project with my dad.

I found this on EBAY:

Motor vehicle Gas Machine Cylinder Automotive exhaust

It looks like it may be missing part of the airbox. Can anyone confirm? I'm trying to determine if it's worth buying this. It's for an 86, but it looks exactly the same as the one in my 97 diagram so I'm thinking it might fit.

If not, is calling around to various salvage yards the best way to go? None of the ones within 100 miles of me have it, so It'll definitely be a bit of a haul if they wont remove it for me.
Thanks for any advice!

Bucky

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, upon further research I found that this is indeed missing the upper portion of the airbox that actually leads into the carbs. So, with that said, what is the lower portion of this diagram?
1996 Kawasaki ELIMINATOR 600 (ZL600-B2) Air Cleaner | Babbitts Kawasaki Partshouse
I can see that the upper two blocks are the upper and lower parts of the air cleaner. But what is this little hose jobby to the bottom right?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts