Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whenever I used my front brake, my front end goes down really low and I almost flew off the bike one time, I believe there is something going on with the front forks... not sure, but If anyone could tell me what the problem could be and how to fix it, I would very much appreciate it!!! :D :D

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
With the forks fully extended (front tire off the ground slightly) remove the cap at the top of the forks and measure how far it is from the top of the fork to the oil. You need the specs for your particular model and I can't help you with that. Talk to your friend that you bought it from if he had it for a while and see if he ever changed it. If not, then plan on changing it out for new fluid and filling to the proper level. Check around the seal/dust cover where the upper section and lower meed and look for any signs of oil leaking. If it's got any leaks you should replace the seals before replacing the oil.

·
Registered
9 Posts
yeah sounds like you need new seals and oil... also mabe you can help me out
i need to know what color is on the label on your ignition box and need to know exactly what wires are where on the box connectors mine i think are messed up and in the wrong positions...thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts