Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bike has been sitting for quite awhile. Carbs are clean and it still wont start. It cranks and turns but it seems like it is not igniting or something. New plugs installed as well. I did the bridging the starter relay with a screw driver thing. Sparks flew, the click noise that usually happens when you use the start button did not happen. But all you here is the starter turning. ANy suggestions as to how to fix this problem?

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
Your post is somewhat confusing, for me at least. You said it cranks and turns but then you said you bridged the solenoid after that. You said all you hear is the starter turning. Try making your post in the order of things you did, followed by what the results were and be specific. Like the starter is turning but the engine isn't or whatever it's doing. You need to identify what is or isn't happening like does it have strong blue spark, are the plugs wet with gas, etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess you said it for me. The Starter turns but the engine does not. When I press the start button, the junction box makes a click noise.
I read on here that you should bridge the solenoid, I did that and no noise from the junction box as the starter began to turn.
So everything works except the engine is not turning.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
The noise from the junction is probably the relay which wouldn't be used when you bridge the solenoid so that sounds normal. If the starter is spinning but the engine is not then it's most likely the starter clutch but could be stripped gears also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The noise from the junction is probably the relay which wouldn't be used when you bridge the solenoid so that sounds normal. If the starter is spinning but the engine is not then it's most likely the starter clutch but could be stripped gears also.
I doubt it is stripped gears. I guess I'll take apart the cylinder shaped device that solenoid is connected to. Do you have an advice on how to repair if it is the starter clutch or stripped gears?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I plan on making a video of me starting it and then posting on youtube so that people can see and hear what I am talking about.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I pulled the starter out and it looks fine. Just posted some videos of what it sounds like.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
It sounds like the engine is turning over normally to me. Have you checked to see if it's getting spark and/or fuel?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I put new spark plugs in, but I will check to see if they are actually working. I have a feeling it may not be getting fuel, but how do you check for that?

It sounds like the engine is turning over normally to me. Have you checked to see if it's getting spark and/or fuel?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts