Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Trying to get some comparisons done here....has anyone ridden the zx-6r and the yzf600r? If so, can u comment on the handling, tank range, ergonomics (clip-on height & seat)?

I know the YZF is comfy, I've gotten some good test rides on the bike, but was wondering if I could find a bike that's just as comfy but handles better (I love the quick steering and easy transitions of the YZF) as my riding consists of solo-agressive and solo-sporttouring riding as well as ~3 trackdays a year. Afterall they all but relegated these model year zx-6r's to sport-tourers (yeah right!) with it's supposed comfy ergos, but I'm not sure how they compare to the cat as they may have been comparing them to the all out 600cc performance machines?

(If the ergos are anything like ther f4i then forget about it. The clipons were too low and the seat was a brick)

thx!

·
Registered
65 Posts
sorry, man, I can't help in terms of actually having ridden either, but I can help by pointing you to tests done for both.

Here is a list of tests done by Motorcycle Online. The 97 ZX6R lost to the YZF. The 99 ZX6R lost to the R6, but in 2001 it won (sort of).

Here is a list of tests done by Sport Rider. It has a direct comparison of the YZF600 and the ZX6E (not the R).

Hope this stuff helps.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
KAWASAKI/others in 600 comparo's

I'd like to rock the world...BUT CYCLE WORLD, August 2004, go to page 38. Out of 15 riders, of various stages of abilities, each getting 3 laps...the time results will show (SUPERSPORT/600Class) you will find(That they have taken a serious stab at really sorting out the bikes in a fair way, on the track....sealed etc...)
Kawasaki ZX-6R/636 has 6
Suzuki GSX-R600 has 4
Yamaha YZF-R6 has 3
Ducati 749R has 2
Honda CBR600RR has 0.
The article is really well written and is worth the full price for the magazine.

·
Registered
380 Posts
August? I thought that was September... did the comparison with a ZX10R on the cover right?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
HA!

Caught the mistake! Nice catch! Yep! September 2004 it is! AH what a relief to know that someone reads anything that I write!!! I'm looking forward to the new 2005's before I commit to a 2004 or 2005...anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts