Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my KX250 for about 2 years now. When I bought it, it had a top end just done. I have between 60-75 hours on the bike, and have only changed the oil, plug, silencer packing, and looking to put a new back tire on. I took it out a few days ago, and noticed it just felt slower.....It dosent have the same snap it had the day I bought it.....

Many people said its time to do a top end (the shop where the PO had the work done said they only used Wiesco kits).

Would I just be able to buy a new piston kit (piston, rings, clips...etc), and hone the cylinder? Or just clean the cylinder...scotch pads and warm soapy water?

Thanks!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have had my KX250 for about 2 years now. When I bought it, it had a top end just done. I have between 60-75 hours on the bike, and have only changed the oil, plug, silencer packing, and looking to put a new back tire on. I took it out a few days ago, and noticed it just felt slower.....It dosent have the same snap it had the day I bought it.....

Many people said its time to do a top end (the shop where the PO had the work done said they only used Wiesco kits).

Would I just be able to buy a new piston kit (piston, rings, clips...etc), and hone the cylinder? Or just clean the cylinder...scotch pads and warm soapy water?

Thanks!
You need to remove the power valve assembly and then use a ball hone. Clean and reassemble the power valve properly and behold your power will be restored! I like the stock oem pistons or a vertex piston are the best for that bike!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.