Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me if its possible to swap the rear brake pads without taking the wheel off? got the old ones out they came fairly easy, i have limited knowledge sorry! the pads were well worn so came out no probs but just dont wanna cause any damage to the caliper or disk, by trying to push the piston in by forcing it!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Yep, the caliper unbolts from the swinging-arm for that reason

·
Hey, lemme ride your bike
1,975 Posts
Do what he said, unbolt the caliper.

Check your brake pins to see if they are worn out. They should not have notches.

·
Registered
150 Posts
it also doesnt hurt to have a SMALL amount of assembly lube on them there pins lol

·
Registered
186 Posts
You do NOT have to remove the caliper from the swingarm to change the brake pads. push the caliper against the disc to push the piston into the caliper, remove the pin, remove the pads install the new pads, piston side first, then the other, install pin, pump brakes and ride.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got the job done! did remove the caliper though just had trouble with the bolt as it was a bit rounded off so had to replace that too! i cant see hoew you can do it with the caliper in place as cant seem to push the piston back into its casing with out the use orf a g-clamp due to the pressure, unless you release the bleed nipple? then you would have to bleed it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts