Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just trying to get advice on full exhaust on my drifter. Currently stock. I'd love a 2 into 1 like the stock ones or even bagger type. All I can find for my particular bike is the V&H Longshots...

Another question, which might open my variety, do these pipes has to be drifter specific or will nomad or classic pipes work? Is there mods needed to make then work?

99 gooseberry Drifted 1500 w/ 15k miles
-Black Beach bars
-K&N air filter (thats all the mods)

·
Registered
995 Posts
Just about any 1500 Classic or Nomad exhaust will fit but you will need to fab the hangers/mounting hardware to the application. There is a good web site (or used to be) at Vulcan Drifter Riders.

I had both a 1500 Classic FI and a 99 Drifter at the same time and sure would have liked to keep both of them but alas, it was not to be. Kept the Classic cause it was much more comfy than the Drifter.

There was a Cobra exhaust made that looked like the original 2-1 Indian exhaust (saw one here a while back-sounded nice).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually ordered some longshots today along with a cobra fi2000 tuner. Also plan on doing the caddman air cleaner mod this weekend. I love the look and ride of this bike! Wish she had a single saddle tho.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Keep an eye on e-Bay. They come up for sale frequently or you can use a 1500 Classic/Nomad riders seat. Just need to make new seat brackets as they aren't long enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts