Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow victims,

I have read a few postings regarding the problem I have but have not found anything that really address's it exactly. This started when the unit was about 2 years old. I don't use it a lot and keep it indoors, has 2400 kilometers on it. The problem is worse in the cooler to cold weather. If it sits for much more than a couple of weeks it may or may not start and if it does with great coaxing of the choke. When it gets like this I usually have to pull the air breather and choke it with my hand over the intake which brings it right to life. I originally thought it was gummed up from sitting with stale gas so I cleaned the carb and refreshed the fuel but this doesn't seem to matter. Have looked at the plug when this occurs but is in good shape with good spark, have also replaced it with new. Have regularly changed oil and adjusted valves. I'm thinking that the choke needs adjustment but need advice on how to do that or if it is possible. I know that it should have fresh, premium gas but it can sit in the summer and will start fine, most times about every two weeks just to run it a bit. Help would be appreciated!!

JB

1 - 2 of 2 Posts