Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I was plowing with my atv which has been a great machine for 10 years. I finished plowing last friday and fueled the atv and put it away. On Sat. I went to use it again and it would not start so I put my jump start on the battery and I thought I was of and running. No so, the machine would idle fine but had no power. In neutral the green light on the dash was pulsing and not staying solid. Some thing was wrong with the electrical system. I managed to limp thru the plowing and when I was done I found the main 30A fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse and restarted using the jump start again. Same results the machine would idle but would not take gas. What would i have done to the electrical system by using my jump start? Chief

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found some of the problem

I got into the wiring harness and found I melted the brown and the black wires that I believe go into a rectifier. I've repaired the wiring by replacing the melted sections wire new like size wire, soldered all joints and shrink raped. Redid all the outside protection tape.
To check the rectifier what should I read when checking across the terminals? I know I should just get a repair manual but I'm on a fixed income for the next 6 months so money is tight.
Thanks for any help Chief

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All problems solved

What would we do without mice??? All my problem, some I caused with the jumb start, but the start of it all was a mouse, the little pain in the butt chewed a wire leading to the carb. This wire was small in size but was hitting direct to ground and shorting out the 30A fuse which in turn would let the AtV run but with no power.
Thanks for the help I recieved and now back to ice fishing. Chief

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.