Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
501 - 520 of 582 Posts
Just google stud removal tool and you should be able to find one easy enough.

Might also be wise to start a project thread in the how to section as I would imagine many of the members subscribed to this thread are being spammed with emails about now :)

Discussion starter · #502 ·
I have had a Vulcan 800 for a little over year now and haven't touched it. I am very surprised that the motorcycle has survived in my possession for this long with out being turned into a bobber. Well the time has come to start cutting into it. I have order a bunch of parts and patiently waiting for them to come in. I will start on the bike shortly and will be updating this old thread again. We will see how this one turns out.

you usually seem to turn over your bikes in a matter of months, can believe you've had one for a year an haven't touched it! :shock:

Looking forward to a new build, you never disappoint...

Discussion starter · #506 ·
I have a table of parts waiting for me to start the build. I am still waiting for my handlebars to come in before I get started. They are the 12" Nash Gimps in chrome. I am going to wait till i have all the parts I need then I will tear it down and build her up again.

Discussion starter · #509 ·
Here is where the bike is at right now. The bars are being changed out to ones a little more narrow and the stance will be lower. I am not doing any color on the bike at first so it will be cleared metal and chrome when done.

Discussion starter · #513 ·
So here is a little update. Made decent progress on the bike. I have cut, mounted and cleared the rear fender. The taillight and plate holder has been mounted along with a few other items.

I have lowered the front suspension 3 inches and the rear suspension 2 inches. When I lowered the bike the kickstand needed to be replaced with the shorter Vulcan 900 kickstand.

I also installed the tear drop air cleaner kit. I like the kit because in the past I had to modify other air cleaners to make it work. With this the pieces fit perfectly and it looks nice.

So the bars that I ordered are currently getting plated. When they come in i'll be able to mount the parts I got. I got the GMA Mini Master Cylinder like I did for the lime green bobber. The MSR Clutch lever. A single throttle pull for the grips and a Ness mirror and chrome universal mirror mount.

Discussion starter · #516 ·
The air cleaner kit came with the adapter and a different cover (skull cover which I just assume throw out). So I bought the tear drop cover separately and still had to drill and tap a new hole for the left screw to fit properly on the covers mounting bracket. I wouldn't have had to do that if I got an SS Super G cover but I didn't want the label on the outside.

As for the lower kit for the rear I got the scootworks lowering link. They updated their lowering link from ones I have got in the past by making it a little thicker and actually engraving a number next to each hole. The instructions were clear in the past but I suppose it takes the guess work out of it. The front I lowered 3" by cutting the spacer down and re-installing.

I was wondering if skootwerks was back in business, I installed their kit on my bike 2007 before bobber build. No problems.
Glad you are back, watching your come together is motivating

Discussion starter · #519 ·
Have you took a trailer fender for the back? If so do you remember what size you took it cause looks really great!
The rear fender is 6" wide and is from Kraft Tech. I get this one over the others because it is not as boxy as some I have picked up in the past. It has a nice flat shape without having rough corners.

Discussion starter · #520 ·
Status update. I have most of the bike put together now. I have been working on the wiring and only have to hook the switches up to the right side cover. Still waiting on the Nash bars so no update there. Coolant is hooked back up and the seat has been fit. I cleared the tank and rear fender and will be pin-striping them soon. the willie and max bag looks pretty decent mounted next to the tail light. Some pictures are below.

501 - 520 of 582 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.