Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a random problem popped up. Within the first mile or two bike seems like it's starving for fuel then dies. On two occasions I was able to start it and ride somewhere this past time made it about 3/4 of a mile sounds like star for fuel then dies out will not start back up. Check the fuel tank clean as a whistle there was a small hole right after the fuel filter in line before the pump cut out the hole out of the line reconnected still won't start anybody know what that could be thanks in advance

·
Registered
983 Posts
The year really helps, to know it it is fuel injected, or caburated. In any even, the fuel line itself could have gone bad on the inside, and closed up. That's easy enough to check, you just remove it and blow air through it. If it has a fuel pump, that's likely your culprit. I would make sure I had the Factory Manual in hand, sometimes you can find these for free as .pdf's, can't post links to them though. They have good troubleshooting guides n them, and you will need it to find the components, and any ancillary compoenents, like fuel pressure control, if it isn't part of the fuel pump. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts