Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To make a short story long........................

Started thinking about a bike better than my ex500 for 2up riding and general everyday use, ie on-bike storage, grab handles, a bit more seat area. Better for me, not better as in I wasn't happy with the ex.

Made a list of all possible bikes that I was interested in. Figured come spring, I'd look into getting a new one. Happened to accidentally wander in the wrong direction and ended up at the dealer, who had the new ZZR600 (old ZX-6R). Sat on it, quickly elminated it from my list of practical sport bikes....shame on Kaw for doing this to their only "practical" sport bike.

Happened to accidentally wander in the wrong direction and ended up at a different dealer, who had a Z1000. Sat on it, quickly elminated it from my list of possibles.....just not me, no way.

BUT...............they had a left over, brand new, '03 ZRX1200R on sale. This is the bike that has called my name before. This is the bike I wanted even before I knew what I wanted.

4 days later...........I am now the proud owner of one, 2003 ZRX1200R, appropriately in slime green :D

So, the ex500 is being prepped for a new owner by the dealer - hope it finds a good one. I'll have a few items up for sale soon from it - stock tires with VERY low miles, factory ex500 service manuals, professionally color matched silver lower valance (PM me if interested). Will post in sale section later.

So far, I love the REX. Torquey is definitely an understatement. Other than both being Kawasaki motorcycles, there is absolutely no similarily between the ex500 and the zrx1200. Both have there goods and not-so-goods, but I'm really enjoying Rexy :wink:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I gotta change my avatar. Hopefully get some pics this weekend!

·
Registered
23 Posts
How do you like the underseat storage on the Rex? :wink:

Congratulations on picking the "right" color!!!

Jason

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love the underseat storage! I could get lost in there.

Yes........had to make sure I got the right color :wink:

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
first- ALMOST the right color (99-00 is the RIGHT color) :lol:
second - www.zrxoa.org
third - perfect choice for everything you want to do plus some. put a corbin gunfighter/lady seat w/ backrest and enjoy a bike that is almost perfect. :wink: im a bit biased though

<--------avatar 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts