Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
NO---I ain't dead--yet
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK---the main reason I got the new bike(ZZR600) is that my supercharged Nissan Frontier 4x4 is eating me alive in the days of $2 a gallon gas.

So the purpose of the bike is to get around town---go to work---and short trips on the weekend(girlfriend lives 70 miles away)---all weather permitting-----and of course to have fun.

So I need some sort of storage capacity on the bike---even after one day--the backpack just doesn't cut it.

All the saddle bags I'm finding online are those gay Harley style ones with the stupid little rivets all over-----Any suggestions on styles---brand names or retailers would be greatly appreciated---cause I'm coming up with zip.

Next question--I got the full face helmet and that in combination with the mirrors being way up on the nose of the bike---feels like I'm constantly in a tunnel and have poor visability to the sides and back----Would a 3/4's helmet work better?? Or is it something you get used to??

Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm not so sure on the bags, I've seen a lot of bikes here that have a bungee net over the pass. seat so they can stow a bag or whatever under it. How much gear are you planning on carrying?

What kind of helmet did you get? I haven't had any problems whatsoever with mine. I got a Fulmer AF400 and visibility is awesome. Maybe it's just a matter of personal experience. I don't have a problem.

·
NO---I ain't dead--yet
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks UB---that's more like it-----just wondering if those nylon bags have a coating or something to stand up to an occasional touch to the tailpipe.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I take a lot of long trips on my zzr600. For those especially long and hardy trips I have a magnetic tank bag, these can hold a surprising amount of misc items. I also have a net for the back seat, which i can fit a small duffle bag or stuffed back pack underneath. and if i need even more stuff, i just slap another backpack on my back. as for helmets, stick with the full face...its the best coverage in case you take a spill...i've never had a visibility problem...also if you are looking into new helmets, look at the ARAI helmets, these are by far some of the most comfortable helmets--also the most costly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts