Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Sunny and 60 on Saturday here in the beautiful Skagit Valley.

enjoy your ride along the lake, that damp air should really feel good

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
F I N A L L Y !!! The season begins! Cool!

Clear & 70's through the week-end, yup, gonna happen!!
:biggrin: 8)

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sunny and 60 on Saturday here in the beautiful Skagit Valley.

enjoy your ride along the lake, that damp air should really feel good
Damp? I don't live in the PNW buddy. Even on the rare occasion that is does rain, it still is dry as a..........well, you know...........up here.

It was an "exhilirating" ride, the bike sure loves the crisp cool clean air.....and I couldn't think of a better way to start the work day.

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
...and I couldn't think of a better way to start the work day.
Thats because there isn't! :mrgreen:

I didn't get to ride today... :frown: ...we have lab tours today for kids (grade school through high school)...get to show them our lab, some basic experiments, and what our research is. Good fun, but I had to bring in my hoss of a paper weight (Dell XPS...motherboard died a year and two weeks after I bought it :toetap: )...still it uses heat pipes, so its a good demonstration piece.

Early morning rides make getting up worth it though! And when its that cold, it'll help you wake up :shock:

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats because there isn't! :mrgreen:

I didn't get to ride today... :frown: ...we have lab tours today for kids (grade school through high school)...get to show them our lab, some basic experiments, and what our research is. Good fun, but I had to bring in my hoss of a paper weight (Dell XPS...motherboard died a year and two weeks after I bought it :toetap: )...still it uses heat pipes, so its a good demonstration piece.

Early morning rides make getting up worth it though! And when its that cold, it'll help you wake up :shock:
What's wrong with a ZX14 tour for the kiddies? Call it "Beaker on a Bike". :lol:

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
What's wrong with a ZX14 tour for the kiddies? Call it "Beaker on a Bike". :lol:
I've been tempted to ride it up to the lab...it'll fit through the doors, and I'm pretty sure it'll fit in the elevator... :biggrin:

Maintenance guys may not appreciate it though :lol:

·
Super Moderator
10,875 Posts
F I N A L L Y !!! The season begins! Cool!

Clear & 70's through the week-end, yup, gonna happen!!
:biggrin: 8)
Yes indeedy, things are beginning the turn out consistently nice here in the sunny south, aren't they? So I put my bike back in the shed yesterday, and it'll be there for the next 10 (or so) days b/c Saturday morning the wife, 2 dogs and I are off to North Myrtle Beach for (for me) 6 days of "golf, beer, nachos, nap, shower, repeat". I have no idea what the wife will be doing- it's only about 2.5 hrs down the road from us so she drives her car and I drive my truck with the dogs. That way she's not stranded while I'm out hacking away every morning, plus the fact that the carsick dog won't barf in her car. Wish me luck, it's gonna be a tough week :mrgreen: .

·
Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
As a fellow Canuck that temp is almost in the need a jacket category...lol.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As a fellow Canuck that temp is almost in the need a jacket category...lol.
Ha! I had my electric vest on under my Tourmaster Flex2 jacket and was toasty warm. I love that jacket, no more trying to jam numerous sweaters under a jacket just to keep from freezing to death.

·
TV Guru
11,779 Posts
I rode in Wednesday in around 30 degree weather. It was fine, except for grabbing the wrong gloves. I lost my head and took my summer weight gloves instead of my cold weather ones. That was chilly.

Looking outside, I see the neighbors are scraping frost of their windshields. Me? I'll pull the cover (and the frost) off the bike and ride in. The only scraping I'll be doing is with the pegs...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts