Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2000 500R the other day. I do have a few questions though.

How might I go about installing a fuel gauge if possible? :)

Do they make indiglo gauges for them? If so, where?

Where should I look to have chroming done to the frame, bars, ect?

Where can I find aftermarket body parts?

What should be done on a tune up? Please include specific parts to use, like NGK plugs, which I already know about. :\

Hmm, that's all. Lol.
Thanks. :)

·
Road Snot Needs A Kleenex
364 Posts
How might I go about installing a fuel gauge if possible?
Not Sure, but I think a couple of guys on the forum have done this. I beleive the Cali model of the bike came with a fuel gauge, and may be just getting the parts and the tank from that model and fitting to yours. Not sure though.

Do they make indiglo gauges for them? If so, where?
Performance Illumiglo Motorcycle Products offers to make the gauges if enough people want them, they lowered the number of people to "Buy in" to 10 for production. The average price on their site for the indiglo gauges is about $70-$80

Where should I look to have chroming done to the frame, bars, ect?
Check you local yellow pages or ask some local muscle car buffs that have had the work done to their classics.

Where can I find aftermarket body parts?
Lockhart Phillips has some parts. I like their Fast Glass Lowers for the 500R. Also Competition Werkes has a fender elimintor kits and rear clear brake lights

What should be done on a tune up? Please include specific parts to use, like NGK plugs, which I already know about.
This would be your basic air filter/oil+filter/fuel filter/spark plug change. Depending on your milage, maybe a chain adjustment and valve adjustments. I can't think of anything else off hand. For a tune up, IMO, I'd use Denso Iridium Spark Plugs, K&N OEM Replacement Air filter, and maybe Castrol Syntec Blend oil.
I hope this helps some.

·
364 Posts
With no fuel gauge, the two tripometers make good use. Like with me, I know I can get 160-200 miles at least before I need to switch to reserve depending if I'm riding single or double. So I use 1 tripometer for guestimating how much fuel I have left, and the other for my actual trip.

·
364 Posts
Hey, just found another site that does Indiglo and EL gauges for the motorcycles, www.streetracerparts.com

They already have gauges made to sell for the EX250, but still need to be requested for a buy in for the EX500 (500R).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
indiglos

Thanks! I sent an e-mail to the previous company days ago and they haven't replied about adding it. I'm going to fill out the application for this place if I can get that page to work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts