Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i'm about done. I removed the aftermarket Kerker K5 pipe, and installed the OEM 4 into 2 exhaust. I also finally found an OEM Kawasaki clear windscreen, and after hours with a polishing wheel, the screen looks like new ! Lastly added a set of fresh Dunlop D404's Heres some recent pics. Dam, she looks like it just came out of the crate back in '84 !!

The engine shines after about 6 hours of cleaning, and detailing :

·
Registered
792 Posts
Looks great!
Well done.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The bike looks GREAT! Really nice job on the restoration!

I had an '83 that I bought new, they're awesome bikes.

By an unbelievable stroke of good luck, I just scored a NOS (still in the box from Kawasaki) '86 Ninja 1000R gas tank for the solitary (latest addition) black one in my collection that I am currently restoring.

You're from the same area as me- what town are you in?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bike looks GREAT! Really nice job on the restoration!

I had an '83 that I bought new, they're awesome bikes.

By an unbelievable stroke of good luck, I just scored a NOS (still in the box from Kawasaki) '86 Ninja 1000R gas tank for the solitary (latest addition) black one in my collection that I am currently restoring.

You're from the same area as me- what town are you in?
Wow, you are right next door! About 20 min. south of you in Newton, NH. Lets keep in touch and ride old' skool Kawasaki in the spring!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I enjoy doing my bike up like that. What tricks do you do for engine cleanup?

Still have the tinted windscreen? May be interested.
A soft bristle round cleaning brush, S100 cycle cleaner for mild dirt, Purple Power cleaner for nasty grime, then the last touch (and the one that looks the best is this awesome stuff:

S100 Engine Brightener

The S100 engine brightener is simply amazing at how it makes black engine surfaces shine like new (and lasts a long time as well) !!

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
Some Armor-All works about the same to keep the engine black, spray some on and use a soft paint brush to spread it around. It will make it easier to clean next time as the dirt won't stick as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.