Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Fan of not being on fire
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the bike to a mechanic to get a new rear tire, spent a bit over $200 on a Metzler (sp?) tire, with mounting fees. Had to buy the tire and take it to the mechanic since he didn't have my size on hand, so I paid 2 disposal fees.
Picked up the bike, and the mechanic tells me I should get my forks rebuilt, and he pointed out some dry-rot on the front tire. Yay.... I love the work this guy does, but his attention to detail just makes my wallet cry. (BTW, for those in NW San Antonio/Helotes, it's American Riders on Leslie Road)

I was a bit upset when on the way home, thinking about the future expenses to go into a bike I've owned for 2 months, when I saw the funniest sign. It was one of those banners that hung over the road, like you see fairs, concerts, and other large events advertised on. It had two big smiley faces on it, and it was an Ex-Jehovah's Witness support group ad. I dunno why, but I laughed so hard I had to pull over. I don't mean to offend anybody, but I did not realize that ex-JWs needed support groups. The web address on the sign: Evidence Ministries. Really tickled my funny bone. Then I remembered the forks....

Edit: I suppose this should be in off topic... sorry. :oops:

·
2007 900 Classic
2,517 Posts
Took the bike to a mechanic to get a new rear tire, spent a bit over $200 on a Metzler (sp?) tire, with mounting fees. Had to buy the tire and take it to the mechanic since he didn't have my size on hand, so I paid 2 disposal fees.
Picked up the bike, and the mechanic tells me I should get my forks rebuilt, and he pointed out some dry-rot on the front tire. Yay.... I love the work this guy does, but his attention to detail just makes my wallet cry. (BTW, for those in NW San Antonio/Helotes, it's American Riders on Leslie Road)

I was a bit upset when on the way home, thinking about the future expenses to go into a bike I've owned for 2 months, when I saw the funniest sign. It was one of those banners that hung over the road, like you see fairs, concerts, and other large events advertised on. It had two big smiley faces on it, and it was an Ex-Jehovah's Witness support group ad. I dunno why, but I laughed so hard I had to pull over. I don't mean to offend anybody, but I did not realize that ex-JWs needed support groups. The web address on the sign: Evidence Ministries. Really tickled my funny bone. Then I remembered the forks....

Edit: I suppose this should be in off topic... sorry. :oops:

Maybe someone is trying to tell you something, you should probably ride really fast to church.

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
My mother is an 'ex Jehovah's Witness'...my grandmother is one. I can definitely see how some of the things that are taught there could scar a kid if taken seriously. And they definitely make the children feel like outcasts in school (absolutely no celebrating of any holidays...ever).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts