Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is a good place for this thread...

If you're planning on buying a new motorcycle, and you live on long island, stay away from Thomas Motorsports in Port Jefferson Station, they will steal your money. They're lying, greedy, aggressive, insulting theives.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Welcome Samhain. Thanks for the heads-up, but could you cite their actions or policy that brought you to these conclusions? Not challenging your claim about them, mind you; just think that an actual event or misdeed would be more convincing and more da*ning. Something like, "Colorado Springs Harley-Davidson charged me 2-hours-labor for a steering head bearing repacking, when all they really did was spend about 10-minutes drilling a hole in my steering column and squirting the g**d***-thing full of grease." (True story)
or, "When I took my bike into Santa Barbara Harley-Davidson for an intake-leak, they tried to sell me an expensive new set of exhaust pipes by convincing me that I had to let the engine breath more." (Another true story)

Sorry you had a bad experience.
-CCinC

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
very good examples calamari...

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
I had a local Yamaha shop do some work on my 1981 650 Yamaha a year ago and they quoted me xxx to do the work. They did an excellent job and the bill was paid. A few day's later we get a call and they forgot to add another $75.00 to the bill. After some discussion....and wanting to remain on good terms with them....I laid down the $$$. As business goes....I thought it was a little cheesy of them but then I also think they had to many hands in the till. :(

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
whistle clean said:
I had a local Yamaha shop do some work on my 1981 650 Yamaha a year ago and they quoted me xxx to do the work. They did an excellent job and the bill was paid. A few day's later we get a call and they forgot to add another $75.00 to the bill. After some discussion....and wanting to remain on good terms with them....I laid down the $$$. As business goes....I thought it was a little cheesy of them but then I also think they had to many hands in the till. :(
I'm sorry, you paid your bill and took delivery after service. All further charges are void. IMO.. ;-)

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
spok....I hear ya. Shame on me!!! :)

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Samhain,

Welcome to the forum....Sorri you had such a bad experience. We have a Service Manual for both of our bikes and we do our own work whenever possible. Only have a few people I would trust to work on my babies :).

Hope everything works out for you. If you have a valid complaint against a dealer...Contact the regional office and file a written complaint. I have done this several times with great results. One time I was refunded all of my money invested...Another time, my complaint was the final one and their right to be a dealership for that brand was revolked because they had so many complaints.

If you do that make sure you have all of your
do c u m entation (smut filter strikes again :)

Good luck and hope to see you up here often.

Heather

1 - 7 of 7 Posts