Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
*** V2K Rocks!!! ***
1,692 Posts
Overall I like the looks of this bike, but IMO I think the bags sit too far forward. It would look better if they set back more and followed the lines of the rear fender (just my .02 cents).

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Got to agree with V2KCruiser. The bags look to far forward and with the angular lines of the frame/tank/bags area the rounded rear fender looks out of place.

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
If the bags were back & matched the fenders, then the bike would look like every other bagger out there. Their forward location, I guess, is an attempt to offer something a little different, though, not sure how much I like it either.:confused: Nice to see em attempting a cool cruiser though! 8)

Edit After going back & looking at all the pics, the rear shots & the side rear shots actually kinde grew on me a little. Actually startin to look pretty good!

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
I think it looks ridiculous myself. It's not a real tourer by any stretch of the imagination.
How far are you going ot get in the rain without a windshield? Just looks like another weekend warrior flavour of the day type rig to me.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Who needs bags when you can only ride for 30 minutes at a time in a straight line on the bike?

·
Registered
61 Posts
The look of those bags really does nothing for me. Looks more like an after thought with something they already had built for another project. Almost reminds you of Spok's ears.:lol:

·
Perpetual Motion
6,663 Posts
And why would they slope those bags so sharply toward the back of the bike? They lowered capacity significantly with no real, aesthetic trade off.

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
35k????

What a joke! I guess maybe I just don't have the right taste, but I would rather be sitting on my 1500 than the looks of that. I know..I know JMO!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ok, here's my $.02 worth. This is not meant to be long hauler, but as the ad states, a weekend tripper. In sunny CA, I certainly don't need a wind screen for that most of the time. As for your lines, I understand your point, but it's trying to be different. Its bags lines follows the tank & frame, not the rear fender. I wouldn't spend that kind of dough for it, unless I had a lot more money than I do, but I could see it's appeal. IMHO, it has a unique style and God bless those who have the money and desire to aquire such a thing. Also I think its great that somebody thinks a bit out of the box, its so easy to imatate what has been done 100x before.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Interesting bike. Just some observations from a quick glance. The bags do look very far forward, and very small in capacity. Interesting that it has an aux fuel tank and extra large oil tank. As far as being unique, well anyone with $40K can get one, which to me makes it about as unique as a Lexus SUV. Did you notice it is chain drive?

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
I think it looks ridiculous myself. It's not a real tourer by any stretch of the imagination.
How far are you going ot get in the rain without a windshield? Just looks like another weekend warrior flavour of the day type rig to me.
If you weren't 99% poser you would be able to ride through a storm of BBs at 70 mph with no more protection than a do rag. ;)

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Who needs bags when you can only ride for 30 minutes at a time in a straight line on the bike?
Not at all. BBC are quite rideable.
You can't get to or from Big Bear without some serious twisties, and their bikes are designed to ride them.
Most all of their factory test riding takes place on the mountain, though for the bagger, if I recall correctly from a tour last Fall, their test rider was commissioned to put 60k on the prototype.

No, without a screen, trunk, etc... it's not a serious TOURING bike, but it is a very capable street bike with room for your jacket.

Like everyone says about the Victory Vision... it looks better in person (but you still won't see me on one).

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Did you notice it is chain drive?
The extended length of the frame and width of the rear tire made a belt drive impractical.
That said, BBC designers are very opinionated. They only used the S&S 100 "Smooth" due to problems with the larger models, though they had the 114 X-Wedge specifically built for the GTX and it is now optional on the GTX, Athena, Paradox, and Sled.
Their newer designs bikes are right-side drive with the rear brake rotor incorporated into the rear sprocket. Most are chain drive... Only the Devil's Advocate, Reaper, and Venom (out of 10 models) are belt drive.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
If you weren't 99% poser you would be able to ride through a storm of BBs at 70 mph with no more protection than a do rag. ;)
I had to put Easy Rider on pause to respond..................I don't like to ride in the rain or wind...........my wallet chain gets moving around and scratches my new paint job.............:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
886 Posts
I think it's pretty hi-tech looking and pretty innovative considering the builder. Sure it's not as good a tourer as the major manufacturers build, but this is a low volume Chopper builder and I think its the first time I've seen one try to offer something with a little practicality.

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
i have a magazine with this article in it from a month or two ago.. i thought it was pretty slick and nice blend of chopper/bagger. not that i want one or would fork over the cash for something like this.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Is it just me or does that bike look like it's 75 feet long?
Close...
111" end to end (just over 9ft).
85" axle to axle.

Vulcan 2000 is about 68" axle to axle.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts