Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, some of you have been following/living my misery for the past few days over my not being able to find a used Z1000; either I'd be too late or was screwed from-the-start by a dealership's idea of the best way to bring in customers is to falsely list a bike (BTW, yesterday I got a call from that dealership asking if I was still interested in seeing the bike that was "sold" last Saturday...yup, I filed another complaint with the BBB).

Long story short, I'm in a much better mood now and here is why...pics of the new '07 Z1000 (I found out that I'm not very good at taking pics of bikes):

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
Man, I'm so used to seeing that blue Ninja on your avatar. Congrats, buddy.

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
Shiats brother you need to sound more cheerful when you start these threads...I thought OMG he is posting pics of a bike he lusts LOL! Very big congrats bro!!! That bike looks stupid fantabulous...I sat on them the lst two shows and really liked them...They are tall but very comfy when you put the feet on the pegs...Be safe, smart, responsible, and enjoy that new ride! I am very happy for you! Welcome to the big bike world!

By the way, tell your wife I said thanks for talking you into getting the bike you really wanted...I bet your smile is still on your face. No go take her out for a nice dinner tonight and yes, it is ok to keep looking at the bike every 20 minutes.

·
Registered
136 Posts
every 20 min? ****. i wheeled mine into the bedroom the first night....still trying to get it clean.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Man I REALLY NEEEED a mood change! can I borrow that for say half an hour?
Joking! Man I gotta change threads here before the keyboard is soaked with drool! Congrats! Oh yeh, Ditto on the take your wife out!

·
Registered
594 Posts
lol. welcome to the z1k club. I'll just direct everyone to your thread. :p

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad everything worked out for you.
Thanks! I'm really happy now. Last night it didn't hit me that I actually got the "bike of my dreams" 'til I was sitting at the first red light on the way home from the dealership. Right there in the left turn lane I started smiling to myself until I actually started laughing because I was so happy.

Man, I'm so used to seeing that blue Ninja on your avatar. Congrats, buddy.
Sigh...yes, good 'ol Bessie. I thought that it would be hard to part with her because she's my first bike but when my friend here at work said that he'd buy it I said, "OK!" right away. So much for loyalty, huh?

Nice score Eidan! How do you like it so far?
I got to ride it on the freeway a couple of times today and the bike is simply amazing. The first thing that struck me last night when I started it is that the bike sounds like it has a jet engine--not a raspy combustion engine like my 500R. The seating position is amazing; I was a little worried at first beause when I sat on one back in late summer, my arms felt like they were kind of stretched. I don't know if the guys adjusted the bars for me or not but it's so perfect! The only drawback is that the mirrors are close to me--but I can live with that easily. And of course there's the power...WOW!!! I was suprise as to how the power is delivered...I'm gonna start up a thread on that in the StreetBikes section. So to answer your question: I love it!

Nice looking Zed!!!
Thanks! I couldn't believe my wife last night when we were looking at it in the garage...and I quote, "It's cute!". I looked at her in horror after she said that and asked, "Did you really call my bike 'cute'!?".

Man I REALLY NEEEED a mood change! can I borrow that for say half an hour?
Joking! Man I gotta change threads here before the keyboard is soaked with drool! Congrats! Oh yeh, Ditto on the take your wife out!
Come on over! You'll go from excitement to bliss in about 4 seconds! Not that I've twisted the throttle...no, no...that wouldn't go with the break-in recommendations.;)

lol. welcome to the z1k club. I'll just direct everyone to your thread. :p
D'oh! I should've waited for you to post pictures first; that way I could've linked to your thread. Isn't the bike just amazing? It has so much to offer and it's within our grasp to use it.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shiats brother you need to sound more cheerful when you start these threads...I thought OMG he is posting pics of a bike he lusts LOL! Very big congrats bro!!! That bike looks stupid fantabulous...I sat on them the lst two shows and really liked them...They are tall but very comfy when you put the feet on the pegs...Be safe, smart, responsible, and enjoy that new ride! I am very happy for you! Welcome to the big bike world!

By the way, tell your wife I said thanks for talking you into getting the bike you really wanted...I bet your smile is still on your face. No go take her out for a nice dinner tonight and yes, it is ok to keep looking at the bike every 20 minutes.
LOL! I'm sorry, can you tell that my experience with that one dealership really left me bitter? Just as well, I guess that's part of what makes getting the bike from my favorite dealership all the sweeter. And yeah, the "being on the balls of your feet" thing is gonna take some getting used to but like you said, once you're on the pegs, it's actually more comfy than the 500R (and I didn't that that was possible)!

I did thank my wife last night for telling me to get the Z1000...I'll make sure to thank her again for you too.:lol: A nice dinner will be coming up and thank you for letting me know that I'm not the only crazy person who looks at their new bike every 20 minutes.

Eidian you need to past this in Sportbike section as well so everyone can see your new baby.
I will, and I'm gonna start up what I hope to be an interesting thread about the power of the bike...look for yours and stefano's name in the title.

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
LOL! I'm sorry, can you tell that my experience with that one dealership really left me bitter? Just as well, I guess that's part of what makes getting the bike from my favorite dealership all the sweeter. And yeah, the "being on the balls of your feet" thing is gonna take some getting used to but like you said, once you're on the pegs, it's actually more comfy than the 500R (and I didn't that that was possible)!

I did thank my wife last night for telling me to get the Z1000...I'll make sure to thank her again for you too.:lol: A nice dinner will be coming up and thank you for letting me know that I'm not the only crazy person who looks at their new bike every 20 minutes.

I will, and I'm gonna start up what I hope to be an interesting thread about the power of the bike...look for yours and stefano's name in the title.
I am excited for you...If the height messes you up, you will be amazed how how much you can lower a bike safely without even noticing it too much. I have lowering links I never put on my 10R from Vortex just call them and find out...If you find out they work for your bike, I will be more than happy to give you them. Again tip toeing is not so bad at all...I can flat foot one side easy and have never really ever had the need to flat foot both...It would be nice but not needed.

·
Registered
594 Posts
D'oh! I should've waited for you to post pictures first; that way I could've linked to your thread. Isn't the bike just amazing? It has so much to offer and it's within our grasp to use it.
lol. I love the Z1000 its so easy to control. I'm following the book on the break in and did you notice the "possessed" noise that comes from it? I love that part the most :eek:

·
devil in god's country
11,098 Posts
sweet!!!
i wish i could roll mine over for the new white one,but hence the the fact that i love my old outdated,demon-throated,faster than black red one.....i think i;ll just stick with what i have.
it's in the garage now and waiting for the annual repainting of parts.

i hope you enjoy what you have,and don't forget the mod's that will soon come.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Awesome!

Git her broken in good before the 15th!

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Zee Goggles! Zey do NOTHING! :shock:

Big Congrats eidian! I'm glad you held out for what you wanted instead of getting that 650.
I don't blame you for filing a complaint with the BBB, but at least you got your bike. :D

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
That thing looks like it is doing 90 when it is standing still. ;) Congratulations, just don't go crazy on that bad boy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts