Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this on the way home from work today. I know stretching out the sport bikes is getting popular but just like everything else I think its getting taken to far now. The back tire is wider than any I have seen on custom choppers even. Tell me what you think.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
2 each his own.

Hey....whatever floats your boat. I'm sure the sportbike crowd looks at what some of us cruiser guys do and scratch their heads. Most sporbikers can't understand why I ride with apes. After I explain, I get a blank look.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Call me boring....I think they look better (and likely handle better) with the factory swingarm.

·
Sick Puppy
3,210 Posts
I don't like the look, but understand the reason. I wonder if he actually has the power that requires the stretch and tire or just to impress?

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
looks like a drag bike.

the Busa would definitely make for a good drag bike, and the extended swingarm would reduce it's desire to wheelie/flip.

But i agree, they do look stoopid on the street, and the Busa is a FUGLY bike at the best of times.

riding in a pink vest, with bright white tennis shoes and a handbag isn't really doing him any favours though... :lol:

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
I had a friend with a set up similar to this (chrome). I was not a big fan but he said this set up was designed so he wouldn't pop a wheely. That bike was so powerfull, it was a busa.

·
Registered
116 Posts
That is taken to an extreme but some of the stretched out rears with huge 300 tires look cool.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hey....whatever floats your boat. I'm sure the sportbike crowd looks at what some of us cruiser guys do and scratch their heads. Most sporbikers can't understand why I ride with apes. After I explain, I get a blank look.
What do you tell them about why you ride with apes? I'm curious, too.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I bet that bike would put a mean rooster tail in the rain,but i agree if he likes it thats all that matters.i personally would never say any thing about any ones bike,there like little baby's i have not seen an ugly 1 yet.:D

·
900 Classic
190 Posts
You can't say anything is ugly on this site, even if it's a turd on wheels dragging a string of toilet paper behind it. A year or so back I saw a chop with a skinny front tire with 300 on the back. Funniest thing I ever saw and butt ugle. I posted about it and caught hell. My personal opinion is that it looks goofy as h e l l and I don't have a problem saying it. I bet it handles like a turd as well. Anyway, you're not alone.

I saw this on the way home from work today. I know stretching out the sport bikes is getting popular but just like everything else I think its getting taken to far now. The back tire is wider than any I have seen on custom choppers even. Tell me what you think.

·
WTF keeps ticking?!?!
1,334 Posts
I'm sure he has his GPS set to "avoid all curves, turns, and roundabouts"

Going to say the baby-poo yellow goes great with his turd-like handling.

but if thats what he likes......

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
Yup, no one believes the apes are comfortable.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I like the look. I wouldn't own one myself, but it has that stars wars appeal to it. And btw, it's not a handbag, it's a man purse;)

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
I like the look. I wouldn't own one myself, but it has that stars wars appeal to it. And btw, it's not a handbag, it's a man purse;)
I don't know about you, but I keep my man purse in my pants :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts