Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the bike out on the interstate today just to see what she could do :roll:

Hit 90 in 3rd gear & 110 in 4th :shock: :shock: :shock:

Then it was time to exit the interstate. Never did hit 5th gear & don't think I want to any time soon trying to see how fast she will go. Without a doubt the bike will go faster than I need to go :p

Now to find a reason to throw the wife on back & take a nice leasuerly cruse on the interstate.

Anybody know what the RPM range is for the 1600 Classic :?: :?: :?:

·
Registered
458 Posts
1600 Classics don't have a tach, huh? :wink:

If this will help, the Mean Streak/Maruder 1600 has a 6000 redline. I'm guessing the 1600 Classic is about the same. I think the engines are the same, but not sure. The cams may be a little different. I need to check into that. Inquiring minds want to know. :lol:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ipscshooter said:
1600 Classics don't have a tach, huh? :wink:

If this will help, the Mean Streak/Maruder 1600 has a 6000 redline. I'm guessing the 1600 Classic is about the same. I think the engines are the same, but not sure. The cams may be a little different. I need to check into that. Inquiring minds want to know. :lol:
Sure is sad that Kawasaki felt the Classic did not need a tach eh :eek:

From what I can remember the only difference is that the TBI is a smidgen bigger, otherwise the motors are the same. But then again that data's from a brocure & not tech data.

I'd love to get a aftermarket tack, but that's way down the line of accessories & style points 8)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

the rpm limit on the 1600 is about 6k-stock hp is about 57 and torque is about 78ftlb-with a pipe change to a 2into1 pipe(which will deliver more power than dual exhaust) you'll gain 2-3hp and maybe 5-7ftlb of torque with no other tuning.some adjustments to a/f will increase it a little more.changes to the intake and fuel delivery can bump this up quite a bit.

the meanie motor is cammed a little different

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: re

bikeaholic said:
the rpm limit on the 1600 is about 6k-stock hp is about 57 and torque is about 78ftlb-with a pipe change to a 2into1 pipe(which will deliver more power than dual exhaust) you'll gain 2-3hp and maybe 5-7ftlb of torque with no other tuning.some adjustments to a/f will increase it a little more.changes to the intake and fuel delivery can bump this up quite a bit.

the meanie motor is cammed a little different
Thanks for the specs 8) 8)

Somewhere down the road I'd like to get a 2-1 pipe (Vance & Hines??) along with some kind of computer tuner & a good open air filter and possibly a replacement air box. I want to flow as much air as possible yet still be able to ride in the rain/snow/wind/dust/dirt :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Mean Streak is a healthier 1600 engine than the Classic mill. It has a stronger cam, which in itself raises the redline. I have a factory shop manual which should provide that info, but it is 4:00 AM and I am using my laptop at my bedside and right now it is too much trouble to go out to my garage and get it. However, I would expect the redline of the Classic engine to be about 5500. The 1600 has the same bore and stroke of a 350 cubic inch Chevrolet engine. That is the main reason for the engine's teriffic low end torque. If I am wrong about the classic's redline, I will post the correct information when I know it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
RampRat said:
Anybody know what the RPM range is for the 1600 Classic
Why don't they put Tachs on Cruisers? It sounds like the first part of a bad joke, but I would like to know why the motorcycle companies think people with lower seats don't need a tach. I'd like one on my little Suzuki GZ250, since it sees lots of throttle and revs. My ZG1000 Concours redlines at 10,500 - but I don't get much over 4000 in every day driving up to 65 mph.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

my guess would be tachs are generally for performance vehicles bikes or cars
and are used primarily to keep track of rpm's for shift points and redline protection as you are
generally winding out the motor as far as you can between gears for max power

i guess the mfg's don't expect us to do that with our fat butts on a big fat cruiser :lol:
but i've always had one on anyhting i drive and this bike will be no exception :wink:

·
Registered
458 Posts
tlwisner said:
RampRat said:
Anybody know what the RPM range is for the 1600 Classic
Why don't they put Tachs on Cruisers?
I think bikaholic has part of the answer. It a lot like the auto industry in that performance type (at least perceived) cars may have them, but Luxo Barges usually do not. Sometimes if a tach is included it may be an image they want to sell, rather than real performance.

The Japanese figure Cruiser types are more in the Luxo Barge category. I think if they looked at aftermarket pipe and jet kits/PowerCommander sales they would get a different picture of Cruiser folks. :wink:

Also, it is money. Possibly they put the money into more chrome, floorboards, etc. to make their product more saleable, or perhaps they pocket it. :?: :?: :wink:

·
Registered
25 Posts
The Streaks heads are a little different too..bigger valves and such.
They're expensive too..I was looking for a set of 1500 Streak heads and they run @ $800.00 from a junkyard. So I'm just going to have my heads worked. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts