Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a crash bar/engine guard that I've removed, but I'm thinking that I might need it to attach highway pegs on my 1999 Vulcan 800A. Is there any way to mount highway pegs without that ugly crash bar.

·
Waiting out the WI winter
801 Posts
Get sweet looking crash bars 8)

Anyway. kuryakyn sells swing-wing pegs (at least the name is something like that). They swing open and allow an extended leg position out and above the pegs. Some people have used these because they give just enough of a difference in position.

I've seen on some motorcycles the highway pegs can screw into the frame....not sure about that setup though.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I dunno... gosh if that's your kid in your avatar, I think I'd try to return him. hahahaha!

Just playing.

I'm sure you can fabricate something. I have a MC enterprises (made in USA) highway bar (a bar that goes across the front of the frame with pegs on each end) that does the same thing without the big ugly hoops. The highway bar is new in box. I bought it for my first bike, which I didn't get on the road (well, more than a half a block of riding anyway) before I sold it to a collector. PM me if you're interested in what it looks like and stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts