Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've finally boughten a windshield and have found some threads of members complaining about 'buffeting'...

My windshield is not installed yet so I have no idea really if I will even feel the head wobbling effect.

Most threads I've found on installing lowers was from members who were 5'5" and shorter...give or take a few inches.

So my question is, is this a problem only with shorter riders or will I (being 6' without boots on) feel the buffeting as well?

Thanks,

Todd

·
but still a NooBie
1,104 Posts
You will feel it as well. I am 6'2" and peep over the edge of the windshield. My best riding buddy is 6'0" and sees under the edge of his. We swapped bikes a time or two with the same result - I see over, he sees through.

When I put lowers (Memphis Shades, IIRC) on my 900LT, I could feel the difference immediately. The Nomad already has them. They will not simply stop the bobble (or buffeting) but they really cut down on it quite a bit.

·
Premium Member
15,066 Posts
I'm 6'1" and I felt it, especially at highway speeds. I added homemade lowers that I found the design for here and it has made a huge difference. I can't imagine riding without them now.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm 6'2" also,and made my own lowers from a thread on this sight,and It really did make a difference...I won't be removing them any time soon.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys! I'll look in the meantime, but could one of you please link me to the home made lowers thread?
Thanks again,
Todd

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can somebody go into a little more detail as what lowers are???????????????????

Windshield would technically be the upper......look at the photo. The two windshield looking pieces on the sides of the forks..lowers.

·
Registered
207 Posts
can somebody go into a little more detail as what lowers are???????????????????
They are basically an extension of your windshield that mount on each fork tube.It helps deflect the air away from the rider.I don't know how to post a link,but if you do a search for"homemade lowers" it will explain it with lots of pics.

·
900 Classic
190 Posts
I'm 6' 3" with a 21 inch Memphis Shades and I probably could have gotten away without lowers. There was very little buffeting without them. With them, there is none and I love it. I have a tool bag on the front and have no wind coming up over the tank. Only the wind blowing up from my knees was causing me any buffeting at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts