Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Livin' fast, dying slow
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I totaled my ride last Saturday and won't be around for a awhile. I just wanted to say adios to all of the people I've meet on here the past couple of years and thx for all the advise and laughs y'all have provided. It was a fun ride while it lasted. Stay safe and focused.
RIPPICT0023.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Scott are u okay...? What happened to total out the bike I see a few scratches and stuff but nothing indicative to totalling? I have noticed your postings have been close to "nil" this week.

·
Registered
153 Posts
His wife made him sell it !!

I'm sure he's got a better story to tell -RIGHT ?!!?

Ya know, some blue-hair side swiped him, he went over the guard rail of the overpass, down onto the freeway below and rode out of it - only to have the front axle break. When the wheel came off he just wheelied it 'till someone stopped for no reason and he had to set it down, even then he kept it upright but was plowed into from behind. But of course he walked away, 'cause he's just a BAD A$$ !!
COME ON DUDE !!
WHAT'S THE "REST OF THE STORY ???"

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about the bike, but glad you survived it.

Please stay and post on the forums anyways.
No need to have a bike really, this place is like a diverse family.

·
Livin' fast, dying slow
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is a 'before' picture. Estimate of damages came in at $9975 total which isn't bad for a $8000 bike...wtf?
I hit a median strip after being forced over by a passing car. Median strip has a 4" curb which I jumped and hit a road sign with my foot [I guess] breaking it and then bones in my left hand as well. Probably lucky that's all, no 'head' hit or anything else. [Any hints on how to 'hot rod' a wheelchair]
Loosing bike makes me sick.:mad: Put 12500 miles on it last year and now it's gone in 2 seconds. Kinda at a loss at what to do now with my time. I'll get another one somehow [if there's any money left after the divorce when I tell my wife it ain't over with me and motorcycles:biggrin:], but until then, I'm bored to death and out of work.

I"m going to go see it this Saturday and will take some pictures of it then.

·
Registered
15,327 Posts
That is a 'before' picture. Estimate of damages came in at $9975 total which isn't bad for a $8000 bike...wtf?
I hit a median strip after being forced over by a passing car. Median strip has a 4" curb which I jumped and hit a road sign with my foot [I guess] breaking it and then bones in my left hand as well. Probably lucky that's all, no 'head' hit or anything else.
Loosing bike makes me sick.:mad: Put 12500 miles on it last year and now it's gone in 2 seconds. Kinda at a loss at what to do now with my time. I'll get another one somehow [if there's any money left after the divorce when I tell my wife it ain't over with me and motorcycles:biggrin:], but until then, I'm bored to death and out of work.
I"m going to go see it this Saturday and will take some pictures of it then.
Glad to hear that you are relatively OK! No need to leave the place. Stick around and post pics of the new V2K you get with the insurance money. ;)

·
Livin' fast, dying slow
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad to hear that you are relatively OK! No need to leave the place. Stick around and post pics of the new V2K you get with the insurance money. ;)
Maybe find a used special edition black and red with flames Mean Streak I've always wanted or a used HD Low Bob or Crossbones. I do love the 900's though and that will be my first choice I guess.

·
Livin' fast, dying slow
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Really sorry to hear about your accident Scott. I'm glad you will be ok. Hang in there and goodluck with the wife and purchasing another one.
Thx Stewie, I appreciate your kind words and thoughts as I do everyone who has written me. Y'all are the best.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.