Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, reading through several posts here about adjusting belt tension to get rid of belt noise (I had some noise briefly last summer when it was REALLY hot!). Anyway, do you have to have a bike jack to adjust the tension? I thought I recalled reading somewhere that you could do it with the bike on the stand. I hope that this question isn't too stupid. It's just that I've never done it and can't find a writeup with pics.

·
Organ Donor
219 Posts
You don't have to put it up on a stand, but it makes it easier to adjust the squeak out since you can rotate the wheel by hand and keep adjusting.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Make yourself one of these 2x6 jacks and get a wheel up cheaply. It makes it much easier.

·
Forgot to grow up
1,118 Posts
If you've only heard the dreaded chirp once I wouldn't touch a thing. Road grime, etc could be the cause, not an adjustment problem. Until the chirp is a regular occurance just use the hash marks and factory specs. My belt didn't make noise for the first 20,000 + kms and my third tire. Then nothing would permanaently help till i replaced the belt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts