Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
80 KZ750E. Is there an easier way of adjusting the floats other than the clear tubing, pulling bowls off and guessing at the adjustment, then doing it all over again? and I found one of my float bowls has its brass tube broken off, so fuel is pouring out. Anyone know a way to fix that, or do I have to scrounge an new bowl from somewhere? thanks..

·
itching to ride
2,233 Posts
The brass tube you may try soldering it. You probably gonna have to buy another one anyway might as well try repairing it first.

A service manual will give the measuring way to set the floats but I never tried that. I just put the carbs in a vice to hold them straight and used the clear tube method. Mine were off a bit but it only took two tries to get them right. Then I put them back on the bike. No need in taking them off and on over and over. Just have some means to hold them straight on the bench.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the advice. I do have a bench set up for adjusting the floats off the bike. I fill the carbs with fuel and then see where the level is in the clear tubes, but the problem is I bend the tang without knowing how much is enough or too much until I put the float bowls back on and fill it all with fuel again. It sounds like there is no short cut to this but it sure seems a bit futile at times. What I really want to do is measure them dry with the bowls off. The bowl in question with the broken brass tube actually has the tub missing all together. Anyone know where I can buy a new one?

·
GHOSTRIDER
3,361 Posts
thanks for the advice. I do have a bench set up for adjusting the floats off the bike. I fill the carbs with fuel and then see where the level is in the clear tubes, but the problem is I bend the tang without knowing how much is enough or too much until I put the float bowls back on and fill it all with fuel again. It sounds like there is no short cut to this but it sure seems a bit futile at times. What I really want to do is measure them dry with the bowls off. The bowl in question with the broken brass tube actually has the tub missing all together. Anyone know where I can buy a new one?
Im with Paul and Herk, good advice :wink: You might try wiredgeorge.com or Z1 Enterprises for either a bowl or the tube itself. Until then if your itching to ride, temporarily plug it. The bowls are vented elsewhere,the tube is an overflow to prevent filling the crankcase with fuel if the needle valve fails. Your on the right track as far as measuring the float travel. Get one set, then measure and set the others to it. Z1 Enterprises has the measuring gauge for this procedure or you can make your own with scissors and a milk jug (empty of course)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts