Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've consolidated the factory Kaw service manual and searched the forum, but can't figure out how to adjust the headlight on my 500R. As many folks know, it is pointed too low for safe riding at night with low beams from the factory.

Looking underneath the fairing, I see a black knob connected to a toothed wheel (gear) that I can easily turn by hand.....and.....a chrome knarled screw head that I can also turn by hand. Logic would have it that one is up/down and the other is left/right. But, I turned both with no change in the actual headlamp position.

1) When adjusted, does the actual headlamp assembly move (like an autos) or does the bulb within the assembly move?

2) Does anyone know how to adjust the light?

Thanks 8)

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I was trying to straighten out my frame on my EX500, I had the front fairing off and there was a screw driver acuated gear under, or somewhere near the head light if I remember correctly. I will look in my manual tonight and see.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look in your owners manual. It is on page 113 & 114.
Thanks. I hadn't bothered looking in the owners manual, assuming that if the factory service manual didn't cover it, the owners manuals surely wouldn't. Guess I was wrong. Thanks again.....will check it out when it stops raining one of these days :cry:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could someone please tell me how to adjust it?

My bike didn't come with the owners manual, and Kawasaki doesn't seen to have it when I try to order it from the website.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts