Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday picked up a deal on 2009 Vulcan 900 Classic LT. However I loved the look of the handlebars and its rake on the 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom. Anyone know if it can be "swapped out". The bars of the Custom replacing the bars of the Classic LT. The style on the custom was far more appealing....wonder if there would be any residual effect on the Classic's handling if so.

·
Waiting for happy hour
3,059 Posts
Yesterday picked up a deal on 2009 Vulcan 900 Classic LT. However I loved the look of the handlebars and its rake on the 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom. Anyone know if it can be "swapped out". The bars of the Custom replacing the bars of the Classic LT. The style on the custom was far more appealing....wonder if there would be any residual effect on the Classic's handling if so.
It's a simple bolt on. No handling issues.....it's the same bike.

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
Yes the bars will swap out, you will have to remove the bars and risers on the LT to install the bars from the Custom that don't use risers but rather have them built into the bars. As for cable issues there shouldn't be any but I did notice that the part numbers for the clutch cables are different..

·
Waiting for happy hour
3,059 Posts
From what I can tell, the Custom cables are a tad bit shorter. I put Classic bars on my Custom once and the cables were too short. I had to cut 1 7/8" off of each end of the bars to get them to work with the cables.

So Custom bars on a Classic is not problem....a few people here have done it.

Here's one a member posted

·
Waiting for happy hour
3,059 Posts
I felt like my wrists were at a weird outward angle with the Classic bars so I went with apes and never looked back!

Badfinger makes a good point, you could just look into different 1" bars and keep your risers. I used apes for a HD and they worked fine with the Kawi risers.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wanna buy a used [10 months] set of bars off a 2009 Custom?
Hey Scott..... condition of bars I trust are impeccable? (spotless and pristine) Do they come with the bottom attachment bracket that I see on the parts diagram and just how much are you wanting to interest me in taking them off your hands?? Pics available of the bars and attachments ? ;)

·
Livin' fast, dying slow
1,084 Posts
Hey Scott..... condition of bars I trust are impeccable? (spotless and pristine) Do they come with the bottom attachment bracket that I see on the parts diagram and just how much are you wanting to interest me in taking them off your hands?? Pics available of the bars and attachments ? ;)
I just sent you a PM concerning them. Please check it out and let me know.
Thx

·
Many roads -little time
157 Posts
I felt like my wrists were at a weird outward angle with the Classic bars so I went with apes and never looked back!

Badfinger makes a good point, you could just look into different 1" bars and keep your risers. I used apes for a HD and they worked fine with the Kawi risers.
What size Apes and did you have to change out the cables? I want to do small apes on my 900LT but want to go only as tall as I can use the stock cables.

·
Waiting for happy hour
3,059 Posts
What size Apes and did you have to change out the cables? I want to do small apes on my 900LT but want to go only as tall as I can use the stock cables.
Mine are 16" and I ordered +10 cables and brake hose which ended up being a little "loopy"...or in other words too long. Added the 3" sockets under the risers which worked perfect but I may just got with 18" apes later. The socket mod is fine but I'm not sure if I like the look of tall risers????

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi I have been looking to change out my bars for narrower ones for my 2006 Clsssic and have recently found 2 bars. I have an issue with the 34 inch width and having to lean too far forward so I was looking for narrower bars. Check out my post handlebar replacements. The Santee bars are a big change in width but the Flanders bars have the closest pullback that is similar to the pullback on the original bars I have on the bike now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.