Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have read somewhere that Aeromach risers can touch the instrument cluster housing when the bars are turned to extremes - anyone else experienced this as a problem??
HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM DOWN UNDER. :grin:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I had 6" Aeromach risers w/ 35 degree drag bar on my Mean Streak w/o any problem. The installation was easy and does not require any wiring changes. The set up pulls back the bar about 2-3 inches and you sit upright. I had the set up for about 6 months and changed it back to the stock bar. W/O a windshield, upright sitting is difficult when you are cruising down the freeway at 90 MPH. The stock bar makes high speed cruising easier w/o a windshield. Now, I like the stock set up more than the upright position even at low speeds.

P.S- I should note that the 6" Aeromach risers were made specifically for the Mean Streak.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

that was the old first batch of risers-that problem was resolved some time ago :wink:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have Aeromach's chopper risers. Nice piece but if your dealer doesn't have them in stock, your going to wait a while. Aeromach makes good stuff but they are not the quickest shippers. I ended up waiting 6 weeks for mine and when the showed up they had sent me the M12 version (Kawa uses M10 bolts) and they told me they had no M10 in stock when I called!!! So I said screw it and drilled the triple trees to fit the M12! Put a set of Wisky bar on 'em and looks good if you ask me! I may be biased though.......

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have the 4" Aeromachs on my 1600 classic. No problems at all. Love the look and the way they put the bar back about 1.5 inches closer to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone - seems there's no cause for concern and despite delays I think they are the one for me.
Happy New Year everyone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
4" here

I have the 4" risers also. they went on easy with no problem. that extra inch and a half makes alot of difference.

kazoorider

2001 Vulcan 1500 classic

·
Registered
233 Posts
you will not believe how much more comfortable changing risers will make you bike.if I have my round bag strapped on my passenger seat i can completely stretch for the long trips.
I used a set of harley 4 inch riser with a little set back.had to drill my tripple tree .my bars will Just graze cluster at full turn but its not enough to be a problem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts