Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
Yea I've had my eye on the new Nomad but that Victory Crossroads is looking pretty good for only 1k more. Has anyone here seen or rode one? The Vision 8-ball is nice too but the side bags are kinda a joke storage wise.
IMO, get the Victory. I took the Cross Country (fairing version) out just last Sunday for awhile. A friend of mine gets a Victory every year with a contract he has with them (he runs an MSF like company). The bike was nothing short of incredible. I got it out for about an hour and only really had three complaints, all of which aren't really worth worrying about anyhow. The grips felt too small (easy fix), I've never liked the sound of Victories without more open pipes and the rear fender doens't flow all the way under the saddle (i.e. it'll take body work to use a true solo saddle which my wife and I prefer).

Appearance is subjective for everyone, but I personally love them. I was comfortable on that bike almost immediately throwing my leg over it and it was VERY easy to lift it of the kickstand. Being a bike new to me, I wasn't pushing it but she would bite in to the corners very eagerly and had some great handling! Braking was solid, but not overwhelming. Then again, I'm used to the Meanie which I'm told has some of the best braking out there so take it for what it's worth. Acceleration was very nice and smooth as well. Fit and finish was great and the bags are pretty large (very deep and long, but a smidge narrower than others I think)!

All in all, the non-faired version will be my next bike at this moment. I've ridden a Nomad and the HD baggers, but this one is by far my personal fave. Best of luck!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I'm with the Victory. That new Crossroads is one sweet lookin' ride.

·
Matt
455 Posts
IMO, get the Victory. I took the Cross Country (fairing version) out just last Sunday for awhile. A friend of mine gets a Victory every year with a contract he has with them (he runs an MSF like company). The bike was nothing short of incredible. I got it out for about an hour and only really had three complaints, all of which aren't really worth worrying about anyhow. The grips felt too small (easy fix), I've never liked the sound of Victories without more open pipes and the rear fender doens't flow all the way under the saddle (i.e. it'll take body work to use a true solo saddle which my wife and I prefer).

Appearance is subjective for everyone, but I personally love them. I was comfortable on that bike almost immediately throwing my leg over it and it was VERY easy to lift it of the kickstand. Being a bike new to me, I wasn't pushing it but she would bite in to the corners very eagerly and had some great handling! Braking was solid, but not overwhelming. Then again, I'm used to the Meanie which I'm told has some of the best braking out there so take it for what it's worth. Acceleration was very nice and smooth as well. Fit and finish was great and the bags are pretty large (very deep and long, but a smidge narrower than others I think)!

All in all, the non-faired version will be my next bike at this moment. I've ridden a Nomad and the HD baggers, but this one is by far my personal fave. Best of luck!
Yea the Crosscountry might just be worth saving up a little longer for but then again cruise control and a tach would only be about $800 more for a Crossroads. I love my 900 but I need something a little more tour friendly. The 106 engine, better milage, quick release bags, and lighter weight alone make the Victory's pretty tempting. Not to mention Kawasaki doesn't make Nomads in black anymore, booooo =/.

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
Yea the Crosscountry might just be worth saving up a little longer for but then again cruise control and a tach would only be about $800 more for a Crossroads. I love my 900 but I need something a little more tour friendly. The 106 engine, better milage, quick release bags, and lighter weight alone make the Victory's pretty tempting. Not to mention Kawasaki doesn't make Nomads in black anymore, booooo =/.
If you're going to be doing long touring, you'll likely want to get the faired one since it'll be nice for the really long trips with the cruise, radio, etc, etc.

·
enjoying the ride
448 Posts
Whats with all the Victory promotion lately on this Kawasaki riders forum? I think if you want to talk about how great you think the victory brand is, go join a victory forum somewhere.

·
Matt
455 Posts
Whats with all the Victory promotion lately on this Kawasaki riders forum? I think if you want to talk about how great you think the victory brand is, go join a victory forum somewhere.
HAHAHA sorry suegip, I'll make sure to give my Kawi "equal time" next post ;).

·
Flash Frozen
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eye candy

I was going to look at the cross country,and the 1700 Nomad.Again. I sat on the Nomad and it felt a little top heavy,I realy would like another cowy, Still that cross country would be nice. just looking now as I have a broken arm still and cant twist he throtle on my 900 LT anyway. I'm bringing a friend going to get him to buy a bike so I have someone to ride with next year. Broken arm from car accient has me real bummed out, I could not ride through the fall season . that is my favorite time of the year.

·
Matt
455 Posts
If you're going to be doing long touring, you'll likely want to get the faired one since it'll be nice for the really long trips with the cruise, radio, etc, etc.
Yea I've never been a fan of windshields untill this time of year rolls 'round but if there isn't alot of buffeting I could get used to fairing. How was the seat? It looks similar to the Mustangs.

P.S. quick plug to appease the brand purists "Kawasaki, Let the good times roll =)"

·
Matt
455 Posts
I was going to look at the cross country,and the 1700 Nomad.Again. I sat on the Nomad and it felt a little top heavy,I realy would like another cowy, Still that cross country would be nice. just looking now as I have a broken arm still and cant twist he throtle on my 900 LT anyway. I'm bringing a friend going to get him to buy a bike so I have someone to ride with next year. Broken arm from car accient has me real bummed out, I could not ride through the fall season . that is my favorite time of the year.
I thought the 1700 Nomad was noticably lighter to pick up then the 1600 but definatly had a taller feel. The Victory has an aluminum frame witch could give it a lower center of gravity but I haven't riden that model. Sorry to hear about your the man =/.

Tally: 2 Kaw mentions, and 1 Vic =)

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
So I'm in a gas station 'emptying' myself during a ride today and a truck comes in that had Kawasaki and Victory stickers on it. The truck belongs to a dealership that happens to be about 500 yards away. So, Kawasaki and Victory somehow coexist . . . . hmmm

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
Yea I've never been a fan of windshields untill this time of year rolls 'round but if there isn't alot of buffeting I could get used to fairing. How was the seat? It looks similar to the Mustangs.
I have a Mustang on my Meanie that I love. And, at least in the short time I rode the Victory, it was at least as comfortable...maybe a little more.

I thought the 1700 Nomad was noticably lighter to pick up then the 1600 but definatly had a taller feel. The Victory has an aluminum frame witch could give it a lower center of gravity but I haven't riden that model. Sorry to hear about your the man =/.
Both Crysti and I felt that pulling the Vic up off the stand was easier than both of our respective scoots.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
A little variety never hurt! Most of the Kaw stuff is the same old Sh%T

·
Certainly uncertain
146 Posts
So, Kawasaki and Victory somehow coexist . . . . hmmm
In this neck of the woods, there are no Honda, Yamaha, Kawi, Victory ... etc specific dealerships. They all seem to cover various brands. I think Powersports East has all of the above and then some. The only brand specific dealers (under one roof) in the area are the Harley dealers. Don't know what it's like elsewhere.

Oh, and the one dealer around here that caters to mostly Honda, was quietly bought by the big Harley Dealer in the area. Really hard to stake out brand loyalty when there is such a mish-mash.

·
Flash Frozen
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I still like this forum the most, I may own a Victory ,But the real people come here for advise on riding ,Best forum I have seen out here for my needs. Victory forums dont reply .Or have the rider expirience like btk pople do .imo

·
Registered
153 Posts
I am definitely liking the look of some of the Victory models, and I am definitely going to consider one for my next bike. It helps their cause that my local Kawi dealer is pretty much completely useless.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
+1, next thing you know we're going to be inundated with HD stuff:eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts