Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 drifter and I was hurt in Afganastan and ended up with 4 hurniated disks in my lower back. "Somthing to do with a helo falling fast from the sky...LOL... Any way I was wondering if anyone has tried the corbin seat with backrest? I just don't like all the chrome they added all over the side of the seat its almost over done. Anyway let me know, maybe there are other seats people have tried if so let me know. I'm just wondering how much differn't it would be as they are very pricey! Thanks for your time and help!
Scott

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have the Corbin Young Guns solo seat on my M/S and like the quality very much. You might look at their Gun Fighter seat with the back rest & talk to the tech at Corbin with your specific problem for a definitive answer. I believe their seats as a rule are on the firm side which suits me, coming from a dirt bike/quad background.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Like hot shoe said the corbins are pretty firm feel more like a saddle . as far as the chrome you can order one direct without it I think just call corbin an ask. The other brand of seat that alot of these forum members are useing is www.mustangmc.com which is a good looking seat for the drifter. I have a corbin an like it, But with your back condition I think the mustang might be a little better.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
thanks for going to afghanistan

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I have a two-piece Mustang seat and it's really comfortable. I have fibromyalgia and arthritis, which show up in my lower back. In fact, I can't sit at a desk for more than a couple of hours at a time, so I work at home a good deal of the time. I didn't know how long I'd be able to sit on my bike, but I can ride for a long time without any discomfort.

I also have mini apehangers on my bike. I didn't put them on; they were on the bike when I bought it from the previous owner. I didn't know what to think of them at first, but I really like them a lot. Because they're higher, I sit up straighter, which really helps my lower back. The combination of the bars and the Mustang seat make my Vulcan 800 a really comfortable bike. I think if I didn't have the higher bars, I would have tried a rider backrest, but I don't seem to need it. I do have a passenger backrest (which the previous owner also put on), for all the good that does. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ridings almost done & I'm about to make a seat purchase also. My better half needs to be more comfy on the long runs. I'm looking really hard at the Russell seats, there is a drawback that I'm fighting though & that is They build seats from your stock seat pan which means that it's a once & done thing. I still think I'm going to take the plunge based on conversations with the co.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts