Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got a good tip for removing a set of after market grips that was put on with GripLock?(I'm thinking heat gun) I just need to remove the left one, my new bars have a manufacture defect in them (chrome is bad and rusting) and the are sending me a new set but I would like to avoid having to by a new set of grips. Thanks.

·
Registered
487 Posts
use compressed air, shoot the air into the grip. this should slightly expand the grip to break the bond without damaging the grip. this is how i removed mine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt that a billet grip will expand with compressed air!!! I maybe wrong though.......it's happened before :wink:

·
Registered
605 Posts
I doubt he could have known that it was a billet grip since you decided to leave that little tidbit of information out of your first post :evil:

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
ZOW!!

·
Registered
605 Posts
lol, wasn't in a good mood after work and can't stand replies like that... my bad...

What I meant to say was,
Before you criticize someones help, make sure you have told the full story

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
no worries, I just had a batman series flashback with the bang, pow and zow's going off at each punch. I got your point exactly the first time. I could sense your angst... :wink:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
****!! Wired a little on the tight side are we, LOL!! I thought "aftermarket grip" covered it! My bad......good zinger though, I must admit!! :lol: 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts