Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
NOT!

kawiben...you don't have a clue! Much of the data on these exhaust systems that were submitted were used only on the bikes that they used in the test, and NOT all of the manufactures sent in pipes. I could say that the United States of America is the greatest country in the world and even believe it, and believe in it...that doesn't make it true. Depending upon the bike, EFI/ECU, or whether your carbs are properly set up for the pipes are crucial to the equasion. None of this brings into the balance of what is really LEGAL in terms of loudness (db) levels accepted in various states and even some cities. I believe you have the right of speech, I also KNOW that even with your own bike it could be proven on paper, with sportrider or any dyno shop that you are wrong. Believe in what you want and be proud of what you have, but chill out some on your Blatent Claims! Some of us like different tunes/and less noise and prefer something that is more suited to our motorcycle for horsepower.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hey ZX-2R, I don't want to sound rude but "kawiben" like everyone else in this great country of ours is entitled to his own opinion! :roll:

I didn't think it was a blatant claim, I thought it was his own honest opinion and as we all know everyone has and is entitled to their own opinion!

In fact, I think Muzzy's sound the best and deliver the most horsepower!

Chill out ZX2R! :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
i like zx6rr's opinion best, because it has an "i think" at the beginning of it, signifying without doubt, that it is in fact an opinion.

someone just randomly throwing out a "(noun) is best!" makes me mad, epecially when they do not include any reasoning or personal experience to back their "fact" up. if they just put an "i think" in front of it, i'm a bit more tolerable.

sorry, adding my opinion.

back on topic, i like my stock exhaust, i think it sounds good, and i don't REALLY need that much more power. but i might look up that article for the heckuvit.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
OPINION

kawiben didn't write "I think..." and So what if he did? I have the right to think that **** floats, whethere it does or not. If I said "**** Floats", that would be different than "I think **** floats." I disagree with kawiben, as well as a bunch of other people and manufactures. Micron makes a great product, But it doesn't make the best product.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Chilled Out

Sure thing. Like I said...Micron makes a great Product! I'd like to see a Kawasaki National Event...Someplace we could all fly into and se what Kawasaki has now and has on the drawing boards for the future.
Chilling out is what I am supposed to be doin g on te Forum. I'm a little stressed, right now. The wife is doing Dialysis for complete renal Failure, meaning her last kidney has failed and she's on machines for now, our 2000Ford Windstar puked all of its transmission fluid again for the third time and is no longer under warranty, leaving us with only the sons car which he uses for colllege,,,except today the battery died...now it's fixed...and the "S" bike that I own is giving me serious problems....and I still need a Kawasaki anything sportbike, I have to be bent forward when I ride.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
CHILL

Heck yeah... I'm not riding a Kawasaki right now...Things are fighting me with the wife in the hospital every other day, a 22 year old college kid that empties the fridge everytime he opens the door, and about a dozen other things going on all at once. Getting a Kawasaki IS going to happen, it's just a matter of time, and that is one of my frustrations at the moment. I need some time on the road to unwind...you know what I mean..clear my head and get out of the house and be free from things just for a while. Riding is just a part of it. I don't mind working, cleaning a bike as long as I'm riding it sometimes. Right now my "otherbike" is just all work and no ride.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
I didn't mean to offend anyone with my " Micron is the Best " speach. I simply stated what I said and in the amount of words that I said it in to get a very valid point/oppinion accross so that someone would go out and check into it and see if they like it. i don't expect every one out there to go out and buy a Micron. In fact i hope every one doesn't buy a Micron. Other wise all the other manufacturers wiould eventually go out of bussiness and there would be no competitiveness and the products would never get any better. And if any one actually goes out and buys a Micron based of of what I said, without doing any research or testing.... THEY ARE AN IDIOT!

And for the record, I have an '04 636 in lime green and my Micron is the green to black fade pollished alluminum. It truely is a sight and sound to witness.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Micron

kawiben, It's okay...I'm calmed down...your enthusiasm/excitement about your pipes should be celebrated, not thrashed and beat down like I did..."I'm sorry, kawiben." I read almost everyting on the forum, yes, including the stickies, and when some of the new kids get all excited you find out that they are 16 ride bicycles, but know everything about every bike and have read every article in the magazines. They are really smart when it comes to book smarts, and who said what, but become biased towards one bike and manufacturer...I'm biased when it comes to Kawasaki when it comes to Bikes make on the Pacific Rim. I like the Ducati, and Apirila bikes, although the BMW and other bikes are out there that we will never see in the states. "K" bikes are definately well built and it seems that they are turning up the wick in 2005 even further, making it nearly crazy to decide upon a bike. The 2005 ZX-6R/RR bikes are going to blow the public away, including some of thecurrent owners of ZX-6 bikes...I don't "need" a bike that big, but it's almost to great to just look at and not have, if you "want" one. I haven't seen a full road ready Ninja 250R, but there is a Forum member with a Ninja 500R that has an awesome setup for cruising, or even just daily riding. Sorry for the EXPLOSION, it was wrong...but it did stir up the bees in the bonnet...that means others ae reading as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts