Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
RideOrDieWarren
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told about it, so it wasnt a surprise.

Is there anything I can do to seal it without removal. Substance that will not get eaten away by the fuel.

Silicon sealant around the threads? It is leaking at the threads, very slight however.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
OK, I'm a tard. Are you talking about the petcock? They have rebuild kits, but yes, you'd have to remove the petcock.

I love that word!

·
Riding every day!
1,063 Posts
A sealant called Blue Hylomar is fuel resistant. I received a small package of it when I bought a petcock and adapter plate from Z1Enterprises. Google it and find out who carries it, it is a British company.

Why don't you want to remove the petcock? I don't think you can stop the leak unless it's dry to begin with.

·
RideOrDieWarren
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thought there might be an easier way. Thanks for the info.

I was trying to be politically correct, but yes the PetCock. :D

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
thought there might be an easier way. Thanks for the info.

I was trying to be politically correct, but yes the PetCock. :D
It's listed on all OEM microfiche as a petcock. If the Japanese have no problem with the word, why should we? :tongue:

But OKCKent is right. Things have to be dry in order to seal.

·
The Cruising Gunsmith
1,459 Posts
I was told about it, so it wasnt a surprise.

Is there anything I can do to seal it without removal. Substance that will not get eaten away by the fuel.

Silicon sealant around the threads? It is leaking at the threads, very slight however.
Silicone or any type of rubber is going to get eaten by fuel.

Is this a permanent connection? If so, red loctite is pretty good. VERY hard to remove, however.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts