Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 VN2K. I am going to do some work on the air box. I am getting some popping on decel, and I believe it is not too lean because of my fi2000, more like too rich, (K&N in stock box) but I am trial and erroring it. Anyway, I had the popping before anything was ever done anyway. I have Slip on exhaust w/o packing on baffles, so I know that makes it louder. On my VTX 1300, I blocked off what Honda calls the "pair valve" which stopped that, after all the air kits and jetting and pipes on that also. I have not gotten deep into this bike.....YET. Do I have one on this bike that can be disabled and which one is it. Will it help on this beast as it did on the smaller Honda??

Thanks

·
Every dog has it's day...
1,113 Posts
I have an 07 VN2K. I am going to do some work on the air box. I am getting some popping on decel, and I believe it is not too lean because of my fi2000, more like too rich, (K&N in stock box) but I am trial and erroring it. Anyway, I had the popping before anything was ever done anyway. I have Slip on exhaust w/o packing on baffles, so I know that makes it louder. On my VTX 1300, I blocked off what Honda calls the "pair valve" which stopped that, after all the air kits and jetting and pipes on that also. I have not gotten deep into this bike.....YET. Do I have one on this bike that can be disabled and which one is it. Will it help on this beast as it did on the smaller Honda??

Thanks
I don't have a V2k, but I know on the 1500 we had little clackers which would push air into the intake and had to be removed when changing up the complete intake.

I started with a Caddmann mod, and just said screw it and went to a BAK.

Popping on decel could be a rich issue, I'm not sure, though. I had my fi2000r configged by the shop after I decided I should quit messing with it. Is it constantly popping no matter what, or is it worse when the bike warms up?

Just throwing out my .02, might wait for some others to respond.

Inside of BAK, notice two caps:

You can see the clackers one in and out of the dogbowl:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does it worse at times than others. Never real bad, just want to clear it up. I believe it is actually technically an air injection deal. Just not sure on mine which one to cap off

On the Vtx it did cause some decel popping and stopped when removed/plugged.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts