Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this forum so I apologize if this question has been asked before. I have a 1988 600R ninja, I stupidly put way too much oil in it, I've since drained it but I'm now getting oil dripping out of the air box hose, when I ride. Will this eventually stop and correct itself, or do I need to remove it and clean it out?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
AIRBOX HOSE

Do you have any oil in the bottom of your airbox? if so you can clean it out, wipe it out and if you wanted to clean the tube you could shoot a little carb cleaner spray into the drain to clean the hose to clear it...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Maintenance manual

IF you don't have one you should order the Maintenance Manual for your bike, from Beartooth Kawasaki. YOu will get a discount because you are a fourm member, and it is a valuable book because it has everything about your bike in it. from taking thengs apart putting them together, wiring diagrams, torque values, so many things tha tyou wouldn't even think about unless you were to read about them first in the book. I'm not so sure about the Service Manual, but the Maintenance Manual is worth every penny that you spend for it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts