Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found that kawasaki seals the air/fuel adjustment screws from the factory, just a little epoxy and aluminum filler thing. I removed the carbs from the bike and proceeded to remove these seals, I was quite successful in that. Then reinstall the carbs on the bike was a learning experience.

All in all I needed 1/4 turn more fuel and now my bike doesn't seem to be running lean. 1/2 turn made the mixture too rich, I might play with it more since tomorrow is supposed to be warmer where I won't freeze my butt off working on my bike.

http://www.factorypro.com was very helpful in this, they have instructions for my 500R, that is very nice to find.

hopefully next weekend will be K&N air pods and a rejetting kit. Depends on how much the gov't decides to take out this pay period.

·
Registered
56 Posts
my bike is running too rich, so I am going to have to adjust the carbs on it very soon. Replaced the spark plugs today, but don't expect them to last more than a month without the adjust. Where can I find steps by step instructions how to do this myself? I have a manually but it is not that user friendly.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
um, there is no real instructions for it. but you can look on the bottom of the carbs, both carbs have one post that goes down farther than any others. it has an alluminum plug in it. you need to take a very small drill bit and drill into that plug, then take a small allen wrench and pop it out, easy as pie. I wish I had taken pictures when I had mine pulled apart. Once you get the carbs off it is easy to identify. plus you can check the alluminum plug by using a magnetic screwdriver and make sure it doesn't stick to the plug.

then just adjusting to lean up the mixture.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts