Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang... I want to make a air/fuel mixture tool

I found this graph on line and i hope to find others..

o2 stuff....

A/F Ratio vs. O2 Voltage Data and Equation - Passat World Forums

But I was thinking about getting a wide range o2 sensor and either stick the signal onto a board with many led's to show the voltage (of course with some buffering circuits etc..) or just use a simple filter and stick it into a fluke 87 volt meter.

I want to check my bike by shoving the o2 sensor up the tail pipe and trying it at idle / med throttle and WOT

What do you think or am I crazy?

kenny

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would try it on my 800 drifter, my 360 atv praire and my buddies 650 brute force

kenny

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
And the pupose would be?

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to make sure im running in the normal range and not extremely rich how I know i am

Like on my drifter the pipe is full of black soot, its rich, I want to know where its rich - idle? Full throttle? Half throttle...

I am looking to tune my machines to make them run the best they can

people do this by going to a dyno, I know i cant re-produce engine load but i can get darn close for a fraction of the price... plus i am a hobbiest and i do things to keep busy

kenny

·
Registered
282 Posts
to make sure im running in the normal range and not extremely rich how I know i am

Like on my drifter the pipe is full of black soot, its rich, I want to know where its rich - idle? Full throttle? Half throttle...

I am looking to tune my machines to make them run the best they can

people do this by going to a dyno, I know i cant re-produce engine load but i can get darn close for a fraction of the price... plus i am a hobbiest and i do things to keep busy

kenny
just go riding man :biggrin:

·
Registered
598 Posts
There are A/F meters out there. Also data loggers. Great for fine tuning.

Your idea should work, but make sure the O2 sensor is locked down. Lot of pressure coming out the pipes when in upper RPMs.

I've blown out baffles a couple times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts