Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my flyer from Harbor Freight. They have the Bad Boy Air Horn on sale till end of Nov. I think. Anyways now on sale for $34.99 From what I've read is the same as the Stebel Air horn. I just checked their site and the horn doesn't show as on sale so might be an in store deal only. I did get down there fast and get one though. Luckily we have one of their stores in our town. Also their motorcycle jack is on sale. $59 again from what I read it's the same mfg. as the one for Sears. Just different Paint.

1500 lb capacity
Foot activated pump leaves both hands free for positioning and stabilizing your ATV or motorcycle.
  • Collapses to just 4-1/2'' high for easy storage
  • Wide, low profile base with rear mounted ball bearing swivel wheels
  • Rubber grip pads on lift saddle protects motorcycle frame
  • Four lockable work heights from 4-1/2'' to 16''
  • Rubber grip foot paddle prevents sliding
  • Two hand wheel brake prevents lift movement
  • Return spring for automatic release
  • Professional quality power unit and rust inhibit coating on ram and pump piston for long life
  • Extra long handle for easy lifting
  • Four ATV/motorcycle positioning hooks for use with tie downs
I don't work for them. Just passing along info to any that might be interested. My money tree died so I have to search for sales. LOL

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
[*]Collapses
Collapses is a key word. A friend got one for his Yamaha bagger. Strapped down TIGHT to the lift! Raised it up about 6" and the whole THING tipped over! Still nicely strapped tight tho! And with Harbor Freight tie wraps!!

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
I need a new horn.....

**** coyote heard me go "beep beep" and came after me. Good thing his Acme jet pack exploded otherwise I may have been in a real jam.....

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Collapses is a key word. A friend got one for his Yamaha bagger. Strapped down TIGHT to the lift! Raised it up about 6" and the whole THING tipped over! Still nicely strapped tight tho! And with Harbor Freight tie wraps!!
LOL that's good to know. Maybe I'll just by the harbor Freight tie wraps. LOL

·
got lost along the way
23,356 Posts
I want a air horn....just imagine the fun I could have !!! :) :)

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Woo Hoo get two Mount on both sides. Double the fun then. LOL

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
Streble Nautilus

I want a air horn....just imagine the fun I could have !!! :) :)
Quite a few people (I assume they are, they post here) have used the Streble Nautilus. I show one on my mod site if you haven't seen it. 158db (sounds like a Kenworth big rig right THERE!)
Paul Andreasen's Motorcycle Mods Page "horn mod"
Paul

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
SeaDog, I put a Stebal on my VN900 when I got'er. It has paid off several times. Nothing wakes up a cager like thinking they are changin lane into a big rig. Mine is mounted on the right just under the tank. I didnt want the big ole horns sticking out colleting all the bugs and rain. My preferance.

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SeaDog, I put a Stebal on my VN900 when I got'er. It has paid off several times. Nothing wakes up a cager like thinking they are changin lane into a big rig. Mine is mounted on the left just under the tank. I didnt want the big ole horns sticking out colleting all the bugs and rain. My preferance.
I put mine on the left side. I thought would interfer with the shifter but it doesn't. This was a dry run install. After I found it worked good there I covered the wires with that shrink tubing. etc. Nice and loud. Love it.
I used a bracket from my bicycle that holds a reflector under the seat. The hole in the bracket was the perfect size to a bolt holding the fan motor on so I bolted it there. I may adjust it up just a little more but otherwise it works perfect there. The relay and wires I put in the Plastic tool holder over the battery. Notched it so the wires could go in there. I keep the tool pouch in a tool bag in my saddle bags so that box works perfect. All nice and dry.

·
got lost along the way
23,356 Posts
I told someone about putting air horns on the bikes. They freaked!
There opionin was "if you want to **** off 2 tonnes of steel while your on a bike you need your head sorted". Yet this person is a big supporter of loud pipes so the cars know your there....HUH?? What kind of logic is that??

·
Registered
134 Posts
On my 1500 Classic, I mounted my Stebral under my tank, where I had removed all the hoses and junk when I did my Coaster reed valves. It zip tied right to the frame just super slick.
I had it attached to my engine guard, but didn't like it hanging out there in the open, (although it certainly invited many questions as to what it was).
I actually think it sounds louder under the tank also. Maybe because of it echoing or something. It's a great horn! And would highly recommend one.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Ah I'm not a big suporter of the loud pipes thing. If you want'um great. But if the noise comes out the back how does that help people that are gonna pull out in front of ya?? I also installed one of those headlight modulators to "blink" the headlight. It works great. But the horn is a blast litteraly. lol I like mine tucked up out of the way. Took some doing but got it up and out of sight. Relay under the seat and wires wraped in the sprial stuff under the tank as I have more wires for driving lights and stuff under there also. Its all wraped up neat. In my opinion all bikes should have a horn like these.
Best yet was a month or so I was on my way back from Va. to Fla. On I95 I'm crusing rite along and some cat in a cron vic just starts to change lanes. Never looks out the window or in the mirror. Now mind you I have drilled out the baffles on my VN900 and I running 75mph + right at his window allmost. He takes a sip of his coffee and procedes to pull in my lane. I give him a big ole blast HONKKKKKK He drops his coffee in his lap, jerks the wheel to get back in his own #[email protected]%@ lane and even hits the breakdown lane trying to make sure the big rig dont flatten him. Then he starts looking around to see what he cut off. I wave and press on. Got to love it.

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There opionin was "if you want to **** off 2 tonnes of steel while your on a bike you need your head sorted". Yet this person is a big supporter of loud pipes so the cars know your there....HUH?? What kind of logic is that??
I have a friend with a 900 also. Plans on putting loud pipes on using the same logic. $400 + vs. $45. Go figure. I mentioned that I leave for work very very early in the a.m. and don't want to pi** off the neighbors so having the horn is better. He replied he'll just push his bike down the street till he clears the neighbors houses. Not that I don't think loud pipes sound cool but I prefer to keep the neighbors a little happier. I also like to hear what's going on around me when riding. Don't know if loud pipes would interfer with that.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Tell 'em that you want the ability to select when you want to be obnoxious and when you don't!! :wink: :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts