Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a opinion on the Thunder Manufacturing Tornado Air Kit or the Hurricane kit? I **** the looks of the Hurricane kit a little better. Maybe I Forcewinder? Looking for opinions from people who have one.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I agree with the looks of the Hurricane. I haven't added an air kit to my Nomad yet, but I like the various options from Thunder. I also think the available inserts for the Hurricane adds a personal touch.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had the hurricane and ended up changing it to the thunder charged model. The hurricane looks kick *** but it was hitting my leg with my fwd control. If you have the pegs in the stock location you'll be fine.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the looks of the Hurricane better too. I was wondering a bout leg contact. I have no plans for forward controls.

BFC any chance you have a picure of your bike with the Hurricane installed?

·
R.I.P. Deron Harden
2,698 Posts
I've got the Thundermfg Tornado and love it. No troubles with my leg (I'm 5'9") and the stock pegs.

·
R.I.P. Deron Harden
2,698 Posts
Try again for the picture.....

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry dude, no pic with the hurricane. it ends up in the same spot as the tornado. No FWD controls, no problem. Unless your a tank hugger........

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have the tornado I like the looks and got it over some others because it sweeps forward and does not get in the way of your leg.
Air kit, pipes, and TFI really make a big difference

·
Registered
12 Posts
MotoLappa said:
Anyone have a opinion on the Thunder Manufacturing Tornado Air Kit or the Hurricane kit? I **** the looks of the Hurricane kit a little better. Maybe I Forcewinder? Looking for opinions from people who have one.

I just recieved my hurricane kit and a set of coasters. I think that it is the best looking of the two, plus it has the changeale inserts on the nose which I like. I am going to have pictures up soon, as well a full write up on the install.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I am interested is this Huirricane, can some one post a link to the mfg

Looking to add an intake system to my 1500 classic to go with my V & H Straight Shots, and having a tuff time deciding which one.

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1500classic said:
I just recieved my hurricane kit and a set of coasters. I think that it is the best looking of the two, plus it has the changeale inserts on the nose which I like. I am going to have pictures up soon, as well a full write up on the install.

Cant wait to see it. If you don't mind me asking where did you get it and how much fot the kit and also the coasters?

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
kingofwings said:
Try again for the picture.....
I love that black over blue paint scheme...very nice. Where was the picture taken?

·
R.I.P. Deron Harden
2,698 Posts
State Route 6 in North Central Pennsylvania, over looking the Susquehanna River. On our way to Wellsboro.... the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
MotoLappa said:
Cant wait to see it. If you don't mind me asking where did you get it and how much fot the kit and also the coasters?
I got a gift certificate to a local shop from my fiance, and they special ordered everthing for me. I paid 265 for everything with tax. The average price I have seen for the kit online is 220 and the coasters are 30. The retail on the kit is 239.95 and the coasters are 32. Here are a couple of websites to check out:

http://66.240.181.246/SBB_Kawasaki-VN1500C-PP.html

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=T-1500-HR

·
Registered
98 Posts
Pardon my ignorance

Both intakes show the filter pretty much exposed. Right? Any problems with rain or getting it wet?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts