Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read several post regarding reduced riding comfort from adding an after market air kit. The extra thickness reportedly interferes with natural placement of the right leg. So the question is - how much thicker are these kits than the stock air box? Anyone have a tape measure or ruler handy?

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
The only ones that seem to draw complaints are the "Hypercharger" units and similar units that require an adapter plus add a big, bulky housing.
The Tornado and Hurricane stick out more, but they are forward of the stock airbox location and don't pose a problem.

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like the BAK is thinner and the Hypercharger is understandably thicker. How about the round units from Thunder? I don't even notice the stock air box on the Nomad and am trying to get an idea whether or not a new intake (something I am likely to do before too long) would bother me.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
How about everyone with an aftermarket and at least one of us with the stock, get over the top of the bike with a tape measure and a camera, tape from the side of the tank and take a photo?

Enough good results and add it to the Sticky threads.

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
I'll measure my BAK on my Classic 1500 tonight and get some pics... was planning to take some more pictures anyway now that I've done a little more work on the old boy...

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great Idea!!!

How about everyone with an aftermarket and at least one of us with the stock, get over the top of the bike with a tape measure and a camera, tape from the side of the tank and take a photo?

Enough good results and add it to the Sticky threads.
Ok, you get the "awake" award!!!! :mrgreen:

That is a very good idea. If we can generate enough good responses with photos, this thread will help many people now and in the future.

Good Thinking!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.