Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I could find a diagram that says what wire is what coming out of the ignition or just tell me what color wire I would hook up the "acc" wire to?

·
Registered
412 Posts
What kind of alarm are you trying to hook up? I put a Scorpio on mine and the directions were right on.

·
Registered
605 Posts
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE MY **** AIR CONDITIONER FOR MY BIKE IS ALREADY :)..just kidding, i don't own a goldwing

·
Registered
412 Posts
You place a 5lb bag of ice inside your leather jacket and do 95 everywhere you go. Problem, solved. :D

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DiverDown said:
What kind of alarm are you trying to hook up? I put a Scorpio on mine and the directions were right on.
cheetah... i found it on ebay. It has a lot of nice features such as shock sensor, ignition detection, tilt alarm, etc.

·
Registered
412 Posts
You said you were looking for an "acc" wire? Are you looking for a switched hot? They had me connect mine to the taillight. Comes on when you turn the key on.

Mine has a lot on it too, makes it nice. The parameter sensor is fun to play with people with.

·
Registered
158 Posts
That's why the Scorpio SR-i500 alarm is so nice. It has a 2way paging feature to alert you on what is happening to the bike. Yeah, the most common mode of theft is by people just picking up the bike and loading it in a pickup or a van. In addition to the Scorpio, I may think about adding a GPS type device too...like LoJack.

·
Registered
412 Posts
And as for cutting wires, you can get a battery backup installed in the Scorpio. If the wires are cut the alarm will not sound but the backup has the power to alert your pager to let you know what is happening. It also has a proximity alarm that is adjustable that will sound the alarm if someone get real close. Draws attention before they can get the seat off to cut the wires.

·
Registered
39 Posts
what do you think of the cheetah alarm And was it worth the money does it really work that well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts