Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are they really makin seats crappier now..or are we just gettin older and need more pampering on our back sides :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I used to laugh when people said their butt hurt sitting on a huge motorcycle seat. I have spent more than 6 hours non stop on a bicycle seat. That is until I got my vn900. I didn't find it painful, rather it caused a numbing sensation. I added gel to the stock seat but it wasn't much better. I just recently switched to a mustang it it makes a world of difference. I think it is more the shape/angle of the stock seat rather then the cushioning.

·
Waiting for happy hour
3,059 Posts
I just put an 900 LT seat on my Custom......I found it to be a little firmer, but someone told me firmer is better on motorcycle seats. :confused:

It feels pretty good so far....but I don't take long trips like most of you do.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
are they really makin seats crappier now..or are we just gettin older and need more pampering on our back sides :lol: :lol:
Like others have said it may be a combination of both. But I have had 2 motorcycles and both seats were more than just uncomfortable...painful. The first bike, a VZ800 it was just the seat. My current ride it is the seat and the handle bar position...very common complaint with the Meanstreak. So now it is my back and my a$$ that hurt. I know how to fix it, but it won't happen as it is just to expensive.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like others have said it may be a combination of both. But I have had 2 motorcycles and both seats were more than just uncomfortable...painful. The first bike, a VZ800 it was just the seat. My current ride it is the seat and the handle bar position...very common complaint with the Meanstreak. So now it is my back and my a$$ that hurt. I know how to fix it, but it won't happen as it is just to expensive.
the 900lt s the same way..i had to put risers on the bars..just killed my shoulders right around the base of my neck...

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
My gel seat is good for about an hour before "numbbutt" sets in. I can keep on going for about a half hour after that before I gotta stop for a few. The OEM seat was good for about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My gel seat is good for about an hour before "numbbutt" sets in. I can keep on going for about a half hour after that before I gotta stop for a few. The OEM seat was good for about 20 minutes.
i can ride on my gel seat about an hr before i have to get off it...then about every half hr after wards

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I think it depends on the type of bike. My 900 LT oem seat was nothing more than a brick. I think Kawi on the crusier line has some of the worst seats. The seat on the 2000 I test rode was not all that great. I also test rode a goldwing and the seat was fantastic. HD have VERY good stock seats. My uncles ultra classic and brothers heritage classic both have very comfy stock seats.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts