Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well if you don't know im a minor...yet to get a motorcycle. Well today i got off of school, got home then went riding on my mountine bike....today was an odd day, i go on my bike and went strolling in my usual route when a road went under construction, so i had to take a detour to my original finish line....if anyone knows i live in sf and i ride towards a hill next to a park called DOLORES PARK its a nice steep hilled park... anyways i was going down a hill and was going to turn left (i wasn't on the sidewalk) onto the sidewalk...this lady was making a turn..didn't know it was a U-turn and almost crashed in to her car that was a close one..if i didn't fix my brakes yesterday i would have definitely hit her at the speed i was going. Then i went up this steep steep hill then turned around and came back down ( love the speed ) i was probably going at around 30-40mph on my bike then i turned right towards home and i was going pretty fast turning right i didn't use my brakes (stupid thing to do) as i was turning and turned into a lane where the cars were coming towards you. So thats when i turned on my brakes and only my rear (didn't get used to using the front brakes since i recently fixed them), i almost got hit by the car that was going to park... i wasn't really startled after that ordeal. If there was an on-coming car i would have had to go to the hospital. THankfully that didn't happen. O yea this happened 15 mins prior to this posting.

hope you would never do what i did especially with your motorcycle.
felt like a total idiot when knowing that many people saw what i did and i did that.

well off to homework
stay safe out there

·
Registered
19 Posts
well, let this be a lesson to you. you have to lean harder, if you let off the juice you'll go wide! :lol:

seriously tho, it sounds like the u-turn lady wasn't giving you equal rights on the road. that's just a defensive driving thing, have to watch out. going wide in the turn...sure it's fun, but if a car was there, you wouldn't of posted. take a moment to contemplate that.

ride safe, have fun, post up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what if i kept on juicin it up would i have made a sharper turn and not wide
?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also if i had leaned harder wouldn't i have tilted and fell ???

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
You said you were on a mountain bike? They are thinking of motorcycles being that this is a ....... nm.

Its been a few years since I rode my bmx around, but I had long pedals on it especially for climbing hills in Alaska and I could lean the beyotch down until the top pedal scraped the ground. And if you did bite the dust, so what. A mountain bike weighs next to nothing. Don't drive into oncoming traffic through blind turns unless you want to die. Wear protective gear ie biking gloves and jeans so if you bite it you don't get hurt badly. Don't buy a motorcycle if you are having issues like this on a mountain bike.

Phatty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts