Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Still having fun!
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 07 900 Classic LT for almost 2 years now & I think I've just about finished with my modifications. First, let me say that very few of the mods are just for bling. Most are for comfort, safety, or performance. At the risk of boring many (you may want to just skip to the pix at this point) here is the list of mods:
Cobra crash bars; Kuryakyn hiway pegs; Iso grips with throttle boss; manual cruise control; Cobra light bar with visors; Stebel air horn; Baron air kit; Cobra fi2000r; Baron tach; Webslinger speedo face; blue led lights for the speedo from Bluegauge; Airhawk seat cushion; driver's back rest from Protech; Vance & Hines slash cut staggereds with baffles from Smartpartz; clear lenses all around from Clear alternatives; Kuryakyn Triple whammy brake & running lights system; Scootworks front pulley; chrome edging (around tank & fenders) from Auto Zone; 3" risers from Scootworks; lowers; luggage trunk; Cobra luggage rack. (I think I still want to get a Scootworks rear pulley!)
I welcome your comments, observations, suggestions or questions. This forum has been the source for almost all of my mods & I just wanted to let everyone see the result.

·
Still having fun!
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I wanted to keep it pretty much stock, so no new paint job etc. It's just so much fun to ride!!!

·
AZs #1 TOURIST ATTRACTION
15,308 Posts
Very nice Pastor Mike!!!

·
Waiting out the WI winter
801 Posts
I think it would look great if you could get the trunk in two color like the rest of the bike is.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I've had my 07 900 Classic LT for almost 2 years now & I think I've just about finished with my modifications. First, let me say that very few of the mods are just for bling. Most are for comfort, safety, or performance. At the risk of boring many (you may want to just skip to the pix at this point) here is the list of mods:
Cobra crash bars; Kuryakyn hiway pegs; Iso grips with throttle boss; manual cruise control; Cobra light bar with visors; Stebel air horn; Baron air kit; Cobra fi2000r; Baron tach; Webslinger speedo face; blue led lights for the speedo from Bluegauge; Airhawk seat cushion; driver's back rest from Protech; Vance & Hines slash cut staggereds with baffles from Smartpartz; clear lenses all around from Clear alternatives; Kuryakyn Triple whammy brake & running lights system; Scootworks front pulley; chrome edging (around tank & fenders) from Auto Zone; 3" risers from Scootworks; lowers; luggage trunk; Cobra luggage rack. (I think I still want to get a Scootworks rear pulley!)
I welcome your comments, observations, suggestions or questions. This forum has been the source for almost all of my mods & I just wanted to let everyone see the result.
Pastor Mike,

How do you like the Airhawk cushion? I just bought one, but haven't had a chance to try it out on the road.

·
Still having fun!
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it would look great if you could get the trunk in two color like the rest of the bike is.
My plan is to contact an auto paint place here in town & see what they would charge. I totally agree with you!

·
Still having fun!
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pastor Mike,

How do you like the Airhawk cushion? I just bought one, but haven't had a chance to try it out on the road.
I used it on a cross country trip last summer, about 5300 miles. I spent an average of 12 hrs riding per day. I don't think anything would keep one from getting an iron butt, however the Airhawk allowed for different amounts of pressure which made a great deal of comfort. If one cannot afford a Mustang seat (I can't!!!), the Airhawk is a great option, IMHO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts